Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

my favorite are K40svn, t20, t25, k60vn, k70 and L16.

I hate acebeam t30, x60, and x65. Most problems came from the battery pack or rubber electronics switch…

Modded lights with oem battery pack is no no. You will see a lot of flickering issue.

So I just got my Texas_Ace modded MT09R in my hands and this thing is INCREDIBLE :smiley: Somehow the post office delivered it on Sunday of all things. Looking it over, the light is beautiful. You can tell right off the bat that this is a very high quality light. Put some half drained Q30’s in just to check it out. The blue light under the button is really nice, and the narsil UI is perfect as usual. I went with the 50% ramp up and I’m glad I did. The 50% is impressive even sitting in my garage with the garage door open. I didn’t realize it came with a lanyard style attachment and a paracord braided handle. Not sure if this is from Haikelite or Texas Ace, but it’s definitely a nice accessory.

But the most fun is lighting stuff on fire :smiling_imp: The light comes with some brown packing paper (like a grocery bag). 2 seconds on turbo and it starts to smoke, 10 seconds and it’s on fire! NUTS! que evil laugh I’ve seen the videos of people doing the same, but until you try it yourself, it just isn’t the same!

Huge thank you to Texas Ace and Terry for making one hell of a light and having a super quick turn around time!

@Texas Ace, sorry to bother you, but what kind of springs is the MT09R using?

In fact, what kind of springs are many of these 100W+ lights using? Phosphor bronze springs or is another kind of copper alloy used? Because if steel spring are used, they have significant resistance, limiting the potential of FET lights without bypass quite a bit.

Okay guys... Even though normally I take Sunday off I did want to get my inventory on the website updated and give you an update of what is left.

I have only 5 Green MT09R NW 70.2 left. Once those are gone that will be all at these prices. The next shipment that I am able to get will already have the drivers installed and Haikelite will be calling the shots for the retail prices. So if anyone if one the fence or waiting, I would order now as these will go pretty quickly.

Also I have only 1 Green MT09R NW 70.2 that I have installed one of TA's drivers and completed the main spring bypass. I have tested it for the last 24 hours and it is at the very least a 20000 lumen light.

Of course if someone happen to want it shipped to TA for emitter upgrades I will be happy to do that for you. Just so you know this is the same light I set the news paper on fire with so it is plenty bright thanks to TA's driver.

The price is of course a little higher as I have to pay the same price everyone else does for the driver and I have to install a spring and bypass it.

I also have a Green MT09R 35 high that also has a new TA driver already installed and ready to go. I have tested it and it is easily 6500 lumen with a throw of 1k meters. If you have watched the water tower video I posted that shot is at 822 yards so it will throw and do so very well.

Again of course the price is a little more than those without drivers already installed for the same reasons listed above.

Once these are gone this will be all of these colors. There will be no more produced. It will also be the end of the huge discounted prices that I am selling them for.

Future orders that I get from Haikelite of the MT09R will already have the new driver installed and they will set the retail price.

I have honestly enjoyed seeing everyone getting everything they wanted and hoped for from these lights thanks to the help of TA allowing almost any upgrade you can think of.

Thanks again everyone, I will be back online tomorrow.

PS if you happen to place an order before tomorrow I have a shipment leaving for TA's shop first thing in the morning so all orders placed before then will be included in that shipment.

Sounds awsome, mine comes tommorow I really cant wait! What leds did you go with and what were the final lumin specs?

The Para cord lanyard was my idea. I have no idea where Haikelite found those but they are much nicer than any from the past...

Also totally off topic, I just got an order from someone. I will need a PM or email letting me know where you want it to be shipped.

@Haikelite USA/Terry, I know I already bought a light, but why hasn’t the price changed for the MT09R with the driver installed and spring bypassed?

Is it normal?

Just want to know, so your next buyer doesn’t get confused.

Picture:

You’re going to love this light. It’s STUPID bright :sunglasses: I’d love another one (maybe one day).

Great idea! It was a nice surprise for sure. How is it intended to be used with the light? I’ve always seen people use paracord as handles for lights, but never paid much attention to how they attached it.

So mt09r with the TA driver cost $120??

It has a little attachment you can screw into the tripod mount to attach it to.

Looks like $120 to me too. And he said someone bought it but still able to add to cart.
Seems like he have to cancelled everything and re-update the page now.

No... normal retail is 160 to 170. I am selling the green and blue ones without drivers at all. I ordered them without drivers.

The new driver from Haikelite is still several weeks from being competed at which time retail prices will resume.

120.00 is for the light. I think TA charges around 20.00 for the driver.

I have one listed that I just added today that is complete with TA's driver. I installed a new spring and bypassed the spring and the lights lowest output is 20k lumen. I tested it pretty much on and off all day. It is a 20k light and the price for it including shipping is 150.00.

A lot of .members are having TA upgrade the emitters but that is a personal preference.

That is currently the only 70.2 version I have with the driver already installed and spring bypass.

I was saying someone bought one trying to find out who so in case they wanted it shipped to TA I can ship it to with a shipment going to him in the morning.

There should be 5 left... plus one I already have the driver installed and spring bypassed.

The price should be 150 for that one let me check it

It’s still available… I don’t need it. Look like it’s a good deal. Mt03 upgraded version 12000 lumen light cost $121 already…

I found the attachment for the tripod mount. The rubber gasket is a really nice touch. Definitely shows that these lights are on a totally different level of quality :+1:

I attached one in to the tripod mount, with the little metal “horseshoe” looking bracket. My question is: how do you attach the other end?

And I just had my friend tried it, it went through… $120 with driver. but dumb ass used my laptop and forgot to logout so it was billed in my paypal lmao.
I guess it’s coming to my house instead of his lol. I’ll have him pay me back later….

I just checked it and they are all right...

There is only 1 listed totally separate from all of the other lights with the driver installed and spring bypass. I separated it so that no one would be confused thinking that the other 70.2's listed already had a TA driver installed.

Those drivers cost me the same price that TA charges everyone else. I just ordered an extra one in case anyone happen to want one already complete with at least 20k lumen output.

Anyone that purchases that one I can still ship it to TA if they happen to want different emitters but other than that it is ready to go as is.

By the way that sale around 2 hours ago that I am still not sure where the buyer wants it shipped takes the number left available down to 4. And still 1 available with the driver already installed and spring bypass for a total of 5 70,2 versions.

I have 1 35 high version left for now. I have another one I have not yet installed the driver in yet. I will gt to that sometime tomorrow.

So that is 5 70.2's left total and 1 35 high left. Hopefully I will have 1 more 35 high in a day or 2.

Once these are gone that is all of the limited colors no matter how much I want them there are no more. It is also the last of the MT09r's that I can get and sell at these prices. When Haikelite completes the driver and are prepared to ship the first shipment of completed MT09R's with the new driver from the factory they will all be going back to their retail prices.

So anyone that still wants one of these at these prices and have it shipped to TA for any possible upgrades or just shipped to them and they order the driver from TA and install it themselves, now would be the time. When these are gone there is no way possible I will ever be able to sell any new shipments at these prices...

I am sure TA can verify that as well.

The 5700k tint shifts to the green hue, it works good and some people don’t mind it but it is not for me. It works fine though and not nearly as bad as past dedomes with gas.

The 5000k gets a bit warmer and tint shifts towards yellow and ever so slightly green. It is acceptable although not my personal preference. But is it not as bright due to being a lower bin.

The 4000k gets quite a bit warmer and moves towards yellow but otherwise looks good. If I personally was to dedome a light it would be the 4000k but I like the warmer tints.

In my personal lights I rarely dedome LED’s, I generally find that the dome on versions are good enough.

I brought my TA modded 22-23k lumen light to do construction inspection in a dark basement of an apartment building and the Contractor was like “DAMN! That looks like the sun!”