Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Oh wow that ring definitely sucks

Yea. TA is rightā€¦ it didnt have the centering ring and hitting the edge of the reflectorā€¦ it can be fixed but intensity will decreaseā€¦

I kind of hate the ringā€¦ oh wellā€¦

If you could blackout the edge of the reflector at the base it is possible you could get rid of the ring. Not sure the best option to do that though.

Hmmmā€¦ Donutsā€¦ :smiley:

Yeaā€¦ donutā€¦ lolā€¦

Texas ace, please convinced lumintop to build a blf gt with the cft90ā€¦ cft90 double the lumen and more lux than xhp35ā€¦

Lumintop got all the engineering and equipmentā€¦ i dont see why notā€¦

I think the few dozen people that actually want that can buy it right now from Vinh. By the time Lumintop had it for sale, the people that wanted it would be gone.

I also donā€™t I think the average person would understand why that light would cost double yet only offered a little bit better performance.

Lumintop needs to sell hundreds if not thousands of Lights in order for them to make a profit and it seems like this light would be too niche for them to build.

If you remember, it actually took a lot to convince them to even make the original GT using the xhp35-HI because they were afraid sales would be too low.

Yeah. The BLF GT is already a niche light, but a 675$ BLF GT is extremely niche.

And besides, even if they were to buy the CFT90 in packs of 100, it would still cost over 90$ per LED, being the most expensive LED by about 10-13x the XHP70.2 in bulk.

Yes. You are rightā€¦ skylumen told me cft90 version outsell xhp35ā€¦ stillā€¦ i want to buy it from lumintopā€¦ lolā€¦ cheaperā€¦ maybe lumintop might fix the ring too.

Iā€™m sure they could sell it for less then Vinh is selling his, but itā€™s still at least double the price.

Lumintop is not afraid to go big. Blf gt is successful with the help of BLF. I mean they got the designā€¦ letā€™s just guessā€¦

Blf gt $200
Cft 90 led $130
Driver $75
Update the battery carriers $50

Lumintop could easily sell the cft90 for $500-$600 and it gonna be affordable high output thrower in the marketā€¦

Flashlight guys care about thrower light!! Maybe

I tried to talk them into the CFT90 GT but when they got down to making a profit on it, It was hard to argue that they should make a batch of 500 of them. I honestly donā€™t think they could sell 500 of them for a profit so I was not going to push the issue.

They can make it for sure, but it just would not be a good business move at this point.

The XHP70.2 version on the other hand is much easier to swallow and makes a lot more sense on paper. The numbers on paper are much better for the average consumer and the wohle light should sell for less then the CFT90 version would cost in components.

Not to mention I was in no hurry to take away a good seller from Sky Lumen, this is the type of thing that just makes more sense coming from him then Lumintop at this point.

Now down the road if lumintop has some extra GTā€™s laying around they can sell, then I plan to suggest this as an option.

Iā€™m guessing the reason Skylumen sells more CFT90 version than XHP35 version is because people donā€™t have to buy the 35 version through Skylumen and would rather get it cheaper through the GB or elsewhere, whereas Skylumen is the only place where the CFT90 version can be bought. I would be interested if Lumintop sell a CFT90 version but Iā€™m more interested in seeing what TA and Lumintop comes up with next :smiley:

I just remember TA offer laser engravingā€¦ i will definitely add this option on my next order.

Any sample photo? .

Laser engraving the TA logo on the light ā€“ $8
I can also laser engrave whatever you want if you send it to me, contact me for custom laser engraving quotes. Laser engraving will add up to a week or more to the turn around time of the light.

I donā€™t think I have any sample photos, I think only 1 person ended up going with this option so I kind of discontinued it. Mostly the trip to the engraver is hard to work in for a single light in a reasonable time frame and then it is very hard to get it perfectly lined up depending where it is put.

I can still do it if someone really wants it though.

It is my Logo, except in black and white:

Another great modded by TAā€¦ this light is blf gt xhp70.2 5700k dome on, TA driver, and DTP MCPCB 12v.

I measured 7500 lumen @ turn on. Settle to 7000 lumen after 25 secondsā€¦ even my astrolux mf02 xhp70.2 is doing 6700 lumenā€¦ this blf gt is currently the best brightest single xhp70.2.

Thank TA.

upload gif from url

Yep, his light is very close to the final production version minus the exact LED spec.

Although keep in mind that the readings done like this are lower since some of the light escapes around the edges. I measured this exact light on my sphere using an L6 reflector so that I would capture all of the light and the numbers were about 10% higher.

Hence my 7500 lumen rating in the OP.

Very nice numbers Newlumen. It seems the TA driver pushes harder than Vinhā€™s driver that makes 5500 lumens and 480kcd with the 70.2 GT.

Yesā€¦ itā€™s the DTP mcpcb 12v that can handle heat to the led, and TA driver which results massive 7000-7500 lumen. ( from my test)ā€¦ some lights are escapingā€¦ its safe to say 7500-8000 lumenā€¦

This blf gt xhp70.2 will be offer in the group buyā€¦ we donā€™t know the exact led binā€¦ I am sure lumintop will use a higher bin for the blf gtā€¦

The hope is the same bin but there is a 14% variance in each bin, so we have to wait and see exactly how the production LEDā€™s perform.

Skylumen may be using a Buck driver. In which case it will have a lower max output in order to have any regulated runtime at all. This is why I ditched the idea of a buck driver after a month or so of work on one when I ran some early tests.

The regulated runtime would be so short and you would be giving up performance everywhere else, it just didnā€™t seem worth it. So me and Del decided to just go with an FET driver which led to a whole lot more prototyping and testing to get this driver.

I have no doubt that Skylumen could reach the same numbers with an FET driver.