Texas Avenger Driver for the XHP70.2 GT

So, Lexel, what do you think is the approximate percentage that part is of the total price? Surely, the reflector part is a significant portion. Do you think the ‘middle’ head section could go for <50% of the total light? Not that Lumintop would do it anyway, probably.

Okay, rookie question here. Regarding the mcpcb, why can’t we just replace the 35 HI emitter with a 70.2 on the same stock board? Would this work with either TA’s driver or with the stock driver? As VoB explained in his video, the 6v vs 12v distinction is irrelevant.

TA I'm interested. Let's see where this goes.

As a side note, there is a corona and some major bleed on th of light that makes it hard to see what you are shining upon. Using Matt's video of the Xhp-70 modded light. Is there any way to find the sweet spot of the reflector to clean up the beam? Maybe it's in material but its really hard to tell from Matt's video. After all, the GT was to be a thrower not a flood right? The foreground of the Xhp 70 actually detracts from the distant image. One's pupil is bound to close up as a result effecting the contrast level.

Pardon the large picture

The part circled is probably most of the cost of the BLF GT. The metal tube,
the tail cap, and the battery cages probably cost less than $20 all combined.

So I would be ok with a discount if we only buy the head vs the entire package. I don’t really have a need for another midtube and two more battery cages every time I want to buy an upgrade for the GT.

They could charge full price for someone who wants the entire thing, and give a discount for people who only want to buy the head. 95% was just a ballpark, I don’t know the exact figures.

For one thing, the numbers in XHP70 and XHP35 refer to the dimensions of the emitter packages, in 1/10th of a mm. So, a XHP70 is twice as long on a side as an XHP35. It won’t fit.

they said yes

:open_mouth:

K60 XHP-70.2 P2 bin on turbo on the left BLF GT XHP-70.2 P2 bin on turbo with Texas Ace driver on the right, get them while they are hot!!!

K60 got his ass spanked by the GT!!! :sunglasses:

you are wrong the head is made from 2 sections, the most expensive part the big reflector and its housing is seperate from the LED/driver part

Here is a quick picture that I found of the emitter pad sizes.

I would still like to see a sliced dome xhp50.2 running at a regulated 6 amp 12 volt in the GT. This is pretty much the same die size as the CFT-90. I’m curious as to how similar they are.

XHP50.2 at 6A is a very bad idea too much current
4A is still close to XHP35s intensity when proper domesliced

They were refering to the just the lower part of the head, what we call the light engine. Bottom right in this pic. It’s a much smaller package, lighter and easier to ship.

Sorry, I was going by memory. Yes, 6A 12v is too high. It seems to peak about 5A 12v with 5000 lumen. If we get a similar loss in lumens by slicing the dome as we did with the 70.2, we can calculate a 13% loss of output.

So 5A 12v maybe gives 4300 lumen. That’s about double the xhp35-HI, right? I’m just curious to compare it to the CFT-90 since the die sizes are the same*.

So do you mean they may actually make a separate light engine running this setup available?
How many would people would need to be interested?
I know I would be interested. Have the opinion of swapping back and fourth

What would we actually need? I doubt Lumintop will mount TA’s FET driver and all that.

So we need from them:

Lower head housing
Switch with wires
Driver retaining ring
Black centering ring
Mcpcb screws
Maybe they will have mcpcb for xhp70?

I think that is all that they need to supply.

We will get the driver, led wires and xhp70 of our choosing.

Does this sound correct?

There might be something in the works…… :innocent:

If they do a driver and emitter, then it really would be an easy swap. Now I am getting interested. I wonder if they can slice the dome, too.

I am not sure I would trust them to slice the dome. It is not something easily done on a production line.

It is a simple mod for people to do themselves though.

I’ll take one.
1 mil+ cds. And 8000 lumens!!! No brainer.

Just wondering how this setup would compare to the top HID throwers like the bahn burner and maxa beam.

HID will still win in raw throw but you have all the other issues that goes with them.

Although the highest I saw with the dedomed XHP70.2 was around 750-800kcd IIRC.