Texas Avenger "TA" Driver series - Triple channel + Bistro or Narsil + Clicky or E-switch - The Ultimate open source driver!

Yep.

At the least if you don’t use NarsilM/Bistro/open source UI, make a good UI Olight style.

I’m willing to pay more if I can get a quality UI.

I really hope we see more Astrolux lights running Narsil in the future. I’m pretty wary of the brand after the A01 and S42, but perhaps they’ve finally realised the driver and UI matter.

I’m glad the S43 is out but I wish Banggood had just updated the S42 instead. I guess it makes more commercial sense to release a new model, especially when the reputation of the old model is probably (deservedly) trashed, but I do prefer the looks of the S42.

The S43 is released? Strange, last I heard they were still in prototyping. I just gave them a list of things to look at last week.

Yes, it released with a NarsilM FET+1 driver like you told them to use.

Looks quite good IMO, except for the tactical look. With the 18650 tube, it isn’t so bad, but with the 18350 tube, it is just comical.

Got a link? It is already on sale? Or just announced?

Here it is:

Ah, ok that is what I thought, it is just in the announcement phase. They should have the issues I mentioned fixed this week based on the last update I got.

Do you think you could get Astrolux/Banggood to add the usual GPL stuff to the manual and/or product page?

Generally it just needs a notice that the product uses free software, and a link to the source code.

I would not hold out hope on the website, banggood doesn’t really return my emails anymore. I think I was a little too picky about some things and not wanting to cheap out kinda pushed me to their “lets just pretend he is not there” list lol.

I have been working directly with Mateminco now and they are much more understanding.

The manual is possible as I think that comes from Mateminco and we have not sent one to them yet (waiting for confirmation on the switch LED setup). The manual will be based on the GT / GT mini since most of the functions are the same, if you want to PM me some suggested changes I will be happy to include them.

We already credit TomE with the firmware, it is just missing the GPL after open source I think.

Hi guys, I have a Nitecore HC30 with a TA FET driver that I bought long time ago.
If I check the version, it blinks 1 time then 4 times, so it seems to be V1.4
I use it in ramping mode, everything is fine except I can’t disable strobe :frowning:
I can mod any parameter, like choosing between ramping or modes set, adjusting the number of modes, or adjusting thermal management… but strobes are always there !

Example : from OFF, double-click to TURBO, then another double-click activate STROBE… even if I disable strobes

Strange, the only Narsil 1.4 I ever saw was a prototype build Tom made for something. It is possible it has some bugs.

Depending on the layout of the driver it is possible you could flash a narsil 1.3 to it or even Anduril.

FW question concerning the TA circuit design.

What target do I built anduril for to run it on these with full features (three channel)? My only exp with anduril is on a mini GT with its 2 channel driver.

You can start with the FW3A conflict and expand from there.

If you take a look at http://zeroflow.at, I uploaded a config for the H03 using a TA driver

@Zeroflow thanks!

Btw you helped me before to be able to get to building anduril in atmel studio so thanks again.

latest Anduril Build contains FF ROT66 as well which is triple channel same as TA layout which orients on Bistro and Narsil triple channel

Hello again guys, I’m rebuilding my old Fenix TK45* and have a plan to use 2 complete TA driver circuits on one PCB, each independent of one another, each controlled by one of the lights two buttons.

One driver will run 2 of the heads with oslon KW’s in them, the other will run the 3rd head with a triple luxeon V.

Here’s my thought, regardless of which “light” is being used I would like turbo to turn on all LED’s, if I run each of the FET’s gates to each MCU’s pin3 [PB4] (then tune the FW’s ramp tables to stop modes at the top of the Nx7135 channels and ONLY use the FET’s for turbo) this should accomplish the desired bahavior without more in depth FW work. Seems simple enough, my question: do I need to tweak gate resistor values and/or do I need to have a resistor in line between the the two gate/PB4 nets?

Btw incase I don’t end up liking the idea in use I have a solder jumper on the bottom of the board in the trace connecting the two gates, that way I can sever the connection without having to take anything apart.

*Note my TK45 is already converted to 1S lipo and currently runs a different 7135 based setup

you need in this case on both MCU outputs a diode and bridge to after it
otherwise the high signal of one MCU would be grounden with 20mA limit from the other

so cut the trace or open the 47 Ohms resistor on both drivers between FET and MCU and insert the diode and connect both FETs after diode and before 47 Ohms

So MCU—-diode—–47ohm gate resistor—-fet gate?

That way either MCU can drive both fets but their signals don’t make it to the other MCU?

I’ve got another question on the subject: Can both MCU’s share the same voltage divider or will that cause the reading to conflict?

Yes they can share the same voltage divider.