The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

:+1: OK, thanks for that info. I was checking cause ‘Bremen, GA’ is only about a hundred miles from me. :wink:

Thank goodness…. :slight_smile: . I thought at first they were just all banging together with no padding. :person_facepalming:

So glad this was not the case…… :smiley::wink:

Yes I had a foam on top but the led was like this and the centering ring hitted the bezel and black insert made the dome very dirty.

/\ :person_facepalming: … It is somewhat amazing they did at least not bag the MCPBC with LED… even if it was padded good.

I will got a replacement so no money lost but the waiting is killer. I was so happy that I assembled and wanted to try. Waited two months and now at least another month waiting.

Very interesting centering block (ring) they made…

That sucks! What a bummer… :frowning:

You’re right !
The LED should be better placed in a plastic bag,
because plastic peels material from the black foam and this sticks to the LED as pollution.

I wonder if heating the mcpcb to reflow the solder would make that led work?

I don’t know if it’s a connection issue or if the led itself is internally bad.

I have a question, how do I get the rubber cover off the switch?

On the Q8 (and GT):

From etex

An update to my late order: according to Leo mine was just shipped and will see a tracking nr early next week. Wow.

Looks like my conversion kit is here.

Any idea why USPS would make you pick up a package instead of deliver it?

My building has mailboxes and a package area so delivery wasn’t missed.

Luckily the post office is across the street lol.

Yesterday I visited Marvin Braude Mulholland Gateway Park in the Santa Monica Mountains of Southern California, USA. Brought along my pair of NW-CW Lumintop BLF GT70 flashlights; carried one in each hand. Totally focused on just getting in and out before the closing time crackdown; I did not bring my iPad to take photos.

Compared to past experiences with other LED flashlights, up to and including the Acebeam X65, these GT70’s blow away all those on performance and distance. The GT70 beams reached everything. It was very dusty and windy conditions, but the GT70 beam cut through all of it!

Ladies and gentlemen. Presenting the ‘Master of Disaster’, the reliable, the affordable, the one and only Lumintop BLF GT70! :laughing:

Glad you like it! I also am very pleased with the performance of both the GT and GT70.

On Wednesday, I also received a conversion kit. The LED must be purged with isopropyl alcohol.

$55 and 2 months of waiting and I finally have my conversion kit…
and I’m greeted by this
!Imgur: The magic of the Internet! (can’t figure out how to embed lol)
!Imgur: The magic of the Internet!
$55 is not a small amount of money for this kit, I would at least expect proper packaging. I’m sure I’ll find a way to clean it, hopefully all of mine lights up unlike the other poor guy who has half an LED working.
Not to mention I waited 40 minutes at the post office because Lumintop’s website first messed up my address, and then my address wasn’t corrected despite email communication and confirmation of my correct address.
End of rant lol. I just hope I end up with a functional GT70.

:person_facepalming: . :person_facepalming: … That sux. :frowning: . I am still amazed no one thought to bag the MCPCB with LED. :person_facepalming:

Hopefully it will ‘clean up’ OK. If not, request another one.

I ‘fixed’ your pics for you. Hope that is OK. :slight_smile:

I also got my conversion kit but the lens of the LED chip was “beheaded”(!)…

on the chip were some paper residues so I assume that the chip was damaged while being wrapped?

Lucky for you some rubbing alcohol should clean it up. I have no idea why they packed them this way. I expected a plastic bag at least.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. They should send you a replacement or you could order a replacement easily and reflow it yourself, you could get a better LED as well if you did that (I am sure they would reimburse you for the LED cost).