The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

Great! thanks
-Edit
Just placed my order! :smiley:

Just filled in the form
for a conversion kit. Finally got around to opening the GT up yesterday, surprisingly easy, I must be one of the lucky ones.

Hi all,

I am tossing up between this GT70 Giggle and the GTvnV2 (https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/blf-gtvn-v2-2mcd-throw-king). Primary use will be Search & Rescue plus perhaps bushfire (wildland) use, though I'm not sure the latter is compelling for obvious reasons.

Thoughts?

*edit*

I've signed up for the following:

How many giggles: 1
How many conv kits: 0
Extra cell carriers: 2
Tint: NW
Spare reflector/lens: No
8x 30Q cells: Depends on price

Welcome to BLF.

The GT70 is definitely more bang for your buck in terms of price. It should have a larger hot spot than the other light.

The GTvnV2 seems like youā€™d need to use binoculars to use itā€™s full range. It has a bit smaller hot spot than GT70.

Personally Iā€™d get the GT70 to try it out since itā€™s so much cheaper. If you try it out and still think you need more distance and arenā€™t finicky about the exact color of the beam, you can slice the dome off and gain another 400 to 500 meters.

If thatā€™s still not enough distance for you, Iā€™m sure you could sell the GT70 and then get the GTvnV2.

If I look at the distance the sliced dome version GT70 has, which is about 2000 meters, your paying 3 times the price for 40% more distance with the GTvnX2.

Something to think about.

Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but are spare reflectors going to be avaliable?

Thanks.

Sadly Lumintop thinks there is too much risk of damage in shipping to sell the reflectors separately (why, I am not sure).

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will international shipping for conversion kits be less than $20?

It depends on your location, it ranges from Free to $40. The order page lists out most countries and the corresponding prices.

Banggood listed gt70 LumintopĀ GT70Ā XHP70.2Ā 7500LMĀ 1400mĀ kĆ¼hles WeiƟ super helles Suchen LED Flashli Sale - Banggood Deutschland-arrival notice-arrival notice

Do you see the same???

Shipping to Germany (e.g.) is only 3.10$ā€¦ so the flashlight costs only 223.10$ :open_mouth:

(Click on the photo)

EDIT:

you can get the batteries (4 pc.) for 20.45$:

Itā€™s quite possible the listing has not been fully set up yet. All the prices, etcā€¦ should be finalized by the time itā€™s ready for sale.

1 x BLF GT70 NW

Iā€™m holding out for the NW and will probably get any extra parts offered. I know the majority of people here want the NW. Just want to make sure we will all get one even if more people than planned order the CW. Or people order more CW than they committed too. Cheers.

Yep, that was what happened. Banggood made a mistake with the listing at first. They have raised the price to $275 now but lumintop said it should not be that low (this is pretty common for banggood to list items too cheap and has hurt a lot of manufactures over the years). We will see what the final price ends up being, I was told $300-325 was the retail price they were planning on.

The shipping will indeed be much cheaper from Banggood as they get subsidized shipping from the China government and lumintop does not.

Also, lumintop is preparing the neutral white LED order.

Getting them to offer both 4000k and 5000k is not looking likely, they are worried about getting them mixed up and people being upset, which I can understand.

So that leaves them with a tough choice between a 5000k N4 bin LED or a 4000k P2 bin LED that is half the price.

Brighter and lower cost, I am gonna say that the 4000k is pulling ahead if they only offer 1 option for better or worse.

So the group buy price for BLF purchasers is roughly a 20% discount?

Something like that depending on what the retail price ends up being once the banggood listing goes live. Lumintop was not even aware they had listed the GT70 when I contacted them.

Also keep in mind that pre-orders on banggood are generally at a discounted rate as well.

Is 4500k p2 a possible option?

Oh how I wish it was. If I could find a 4500k XHP70.2 LED I would use that without a second thought.

https://www.component-hk.com/product/Cree-Inc/XHP70B-00-0000-0D0BP245E.html

Not sure what the minimum quantity would be or if it is truly in-stock.