the GearBest SK68 clone.

The capacitor on the far left next to (H15) on the board, and the capacitor directly under the (2R2) component. The capacitors are little rectangular squares of a brownish color except for the edges that solder is placed on.

Edit: what Tristan circled in the pic above.

Thank you for the suggestion! Do I sharpie the shield thingy around the led as well? Or just the sides and lip of the pill?

I always just cover pretty much any non black surface that is visible when the pill is installed in the flashlight. It won’t hurt to cover the little silver donut shield deal.

Thank you guys, those 2 tricks worked and make the light so much better! That’s what I love about this place…so many awesome people.

Glad they were useful.

Mine got intermittent issue. Already report to GB.

“BLACK HOLE”
I tried to paint the interior wall of the pill with black paint, but it did not solve the ugly beam pattern problem.

Cool, looks kind of like an eye.

So anyone can recommend me the most decent one on a cheap? and please for a battery newbie, where to find good quality 14500? thanks.

I use Sanyo UR14500P 14500 840mAh from FT. Not a big improvement compared to SS SC01. Especially, when flashlight gets heat up quickly with 14500.

FT doesn’t ship cells like few months already, any other option?

Also please link some decent clone or whatever with side switch and free shipping :slight_smile:

Scratch that, i got spare 18650 inc, with the price of 14500 it goes to ~ 15$ for which i can get Convoy AK47, i know its bigger and completely different but still…

anyone moded this driver for more current?