The many options of Noctigon 3XP Advanced Copper boards

The idea of a glowing optic is intriguing.
Wonder if RMM or Hank W has additional info on the new MCPCB?
Going to order a couple from IO just in case they are shipping these now.
Can always use anyway even if they are the old ones.

Such small leds can be used as indicator for additional functions, such as beacon, battery indicator and etc.
This means that LED should be operated by small current (40-100mA) and different delay between blinks.
pilotdog68`s drivers are good for other applications.

I already have two noctigon XP boards that either developed short from one of the led pads to ground during reflow process or they were delivered to me like that (I did not check before reflowing them) and they look just fine but when you check with DMM they fail at continuity test…

Could those pads be used as a place for a temperature sensor? Idk how they work or if they need to be connected to pos.

Probably yes, but why then + and - ? And the + is comon, not sure if thats how it’s done!

Reflow the leds again , and push them down with your tweezers , to remove extra solder.

Those were single XP boards, not triples and I checked continuity after removing the LED.
I do not use too much soldering paste still I always push led down so it would be as close to the MCPCB as it can be.

10/10

i have not used them personally but afaik with a thermistor you would have the negative run from the thermistor to the micro-controller and just read the voltage drop across it to calculate the temp.

Wish i had one of these new boards to test out. :slight_smile: