The Monster TK61

haha! I love it!

They have a great form factor in my opinion. I have a second one with a 4P converted battery carrier, FET+1 and a dedomed XM-L2 and so it was only natural to make the second one into a flooder.

What plans have you got for yours?

Not sure yet, I picked up a Vinh modified one so until I receive it later in the week I won’t know just what I think about it .

That said, it has occurred to me to use a boost driver and run an XHP-35 HD for a spot light effect with pretty high lumens. (2600 or so)

Have also thought to just put an SST-40 in it and run with it. Already have a couple of throwers I built from scratch so I have leeway to not worry about max throw and focus on beam quality.

I also have a 4S carrier for the TK61 as well as a custom driver that is not quite complete… torn between readily available options…

AND I recently modified a 61 for a friend using a White Flat that yielded 835Kcd… so I really just have to get the light in hand and get a feel for where it wants to go. :wink:

Once I get this CNC in my shop functioning I plan on doing some goodies like this, right now everything is old school manual which does keep my skills sharp.