The mystery still remains: who is The Shadow

Having said that I am planning a small giveaway soon but it won’t be anythig to get excited about.
Lol, I was going to contact some of the regular stores and see if any of them would sponsor a prize for a fund raising raffle I want to do for an organization that has helped me in the past. Still have a lot to figure out though.

RC, I’ve been here a long time, and I don’t remember The Shadow being a jerk at all, or treating you and others like “garbage”. I can’t think of any reason he/she “deserves to be trashed”. Is there something I have missed or forgotten?

If he/she treated most people with respect, it’s probably best to remember him/her that way.

Who? :cowboy_hat_face:

Maybe his real name is santyclause

Was before my time, but some of those giveaway threads were pretty funny

Who trashed who, when, where??

Me.
Although i don’t give away flashlights to strangers…

…well, i did give away one light in a give away here, but i don’t consider BLF members strangers.
…at least, not all of them… :wink:

That post by RC was deleted. Imagine that.

Ah, i see…
Wise decision apparently. :slight_smile:

It looks like I missed something while I slept.

I thought he had a portrait in his attic which got old and decrepit while he himself stayed young.

Dark matter…

Many people are generous, you’re too. I am too calculative when it comes to generosity.
I think I always see young adult people as grownups who know and afford what they want, if they don’t ask i won’t give them anything. I always think of gifting kids and old relatives even they don’t ask for it.
I had given Zanflare F1 and Utorch UT02 to two adult relatives who asked me to buy my lights. I gave it to them since it’s not very expensive.
I also gifted a kid with F1 and another old relative with UT02 even they didn’t ask for it.
For members here, i think most are happy with their lights.

I'm sharing my honest experience with TheShadow.

BLF's TheShadow was generous, but also was a jerk.

That guy treated me and others like garbage.

If he didn't treat me and others like garbage, I would have nothing but praise for him.

In my experience, The Shadow deserves the words I am conveying.

It's not my fault he's not here to defend himself, and I never invited him to treat me or others like garbage.

He was very petty and prone to intentional misunderstandings.

I'm not going to try and find the specific posts or threads, but they did exist at one point many years ago.

They may not exist now.

On a brighter note, I give away flashlights and other things to friends and family, but I also cannot afford to give stuff away to strangers.

The only time I've done any serious giveaways here is when the prizes were sponsored by an online store.

I applaud people's generosity here on BLF.

Unless I am having a serious deja vu moment, you have posted this exact information about The Shadow before. Sorry you were treated badly, I’m not trying to belittle that.
That said, The Shadow was indeed generous. I know some of us have ideas, but we should really try to figure out who this person really was, and solve the mystery.

I posted something similar in this thread, but then deleted it months ago.

I have decided to repost it to have my voice be heard.

If TheShadow wants us to know who he is, that's his prerogative.

But if he doesn't, we should respect his privacy.

when this forum first started, it was more like a real club of cpf expats…
people like old lumens gave away stuff all the time.
now blf is more of a retail spot to buy good blf custom lights and get in on
group buys run by members. blf has evolved. be aware that you can control how it will
continue to evolve.