The new assistant

Sorry about that Don, the other two posts created with the other editor I was testing have a different input format, that's why the editor wasn't loading.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Looks like a real sweety. You say she doesn't bark much? I wish my neighbors' poodle could take lessons from her... I woke up far too early this morning due to its incessant yipping. |(

I haven't heard her make a sound at all in two days. She most certainly isn't an alpha female.

Next door's Airedale makes enough noise for the whole street. Molly does like a good bark.

I've no idea what Dieta's voice sounds like. While she's in good physical shape (She could stand to lose 7lbs) she really doesn't know yet how to react around people - around the kennel dogs she knew to submit instantly, she doesn't yet know what to do round people so she does what comes naturally. She's always going to be a quiet soul, but hopefully she'll get a bit more spark and fun out of life.

She was utterly fascinated by a chihuahua puppy at the vet's. It didn't seem all that keen on something big enough to swallow it in one gulp.

Oh, she looks nice! Give her time to get used to things... our chocolate Lab, Abby, was a breeder dog in a puppy mill and it took almost a year before she wasn't afraid of me. She was afraid of men. So this will probably take a lot of time... but hang in there!

Rich

Congrats Don! Beautiful new assistant you got there.

Congrats, Don!

I miss my Giant, but I also dearly miss my former GF's shepherd. She was jealous all the time, because I got along MUCH better with her dog than she did.

I really miss his tongue all over my face. Much more than I miss the girl's tongu- .... err, is that a family site here? Okies, I'll stay quiet.

... you probably already knew what I wanted to say.

Those Slovenian breeds sure are smart, and adorable! You cannot fool a dog. Treat him or her well, and you'll have a true companion for life.

Nothing will ever get between a man and his dog, or a man and his car (in this particular order). Period.

I've not heard her make a single sound in 9 days.

Her first ever rawhide chew. I had to make her open her mouth to get the chew in at first - but it is quite clear I'm not getting it back now.

She looks blissfully happy with you! :)