The nicest people can be found here.

Well we could have a get-together/contest to test the whacking power of various lights. Yeah, a BLF Whack-Off! Is there an established scientific unit for measuring whack?

If my fiance reads this, she’s no longer going to think we are just a bunch of weirdos that’s obsessed with lights…

I see we have a topic for Scaru’s next thread.

Lol, thanks MRsDNF !
It was an honour to meet you and your family, and see your lathe, new dogs and lights.
Your mutant HD2010 is a real beast. I’m always slightly jealous of you makers and your creations.

Back at home now, the 1800 km flight was uneventful except for the 40,000 fun-runners that created interesting traffic diversions, the biggest difference is the humid weather here. I had to declare any spare lithium batteries with Jetstar , that includes camera and phone batteries. The girl at the counter made sure they were carry-on only and let me carry on. I had 14x18650s, 2x26650s, and spare camera and phone batteries.

Oh, and I took home a neat little Old-Lumens inspired custom with a TIR lens! It’s now one of my most treasured lights.

“Betty” says that flashaholics are like a cult, she’s been indoctrinated by osmosis.

Thanks also to SB and all the other members here for creating a nice environment that facilitates such RL meetups.

Having seen MRsDNF’s posts here and knowing that he and I rode the same spurs long ago, I already knew he was “good people”. We did escape without painted fingernails and didn’t get arrested for lighting up the city with the TN31 from the 40th floor hotel room.

“John and Betty”, potential axe murderers :expressionless: :cowboy_hat_face:

I'm glad your both home safely and hope you managed to catch up with all the people you planned to. One day we'll be up there again. Thanks again guys, it was a real pleasure and treat to have you here.

I do feel a little guilty though that I did not bring your gift of chocolates out to eat. They sure didn't last long. I'm not sure who ate them but they disappeared very quickly.

Great Story, Glad you all had a Good Time. :slight_smile:

He DID say “double blind”…

Two guys with white canes walk into a flashlight bar and…

Sorry… I humbly apologize to my best friend in college and to all other blind people who can never appreciate what we’re doing here.

And remember (from a LEO-heavy-family member), weird fins, frobs, knots and crenelations leave a distinctive MARK on your … uh … “recent acquaintance”… Smooth, generic M@glight dents could have come from anything…

Yes the Suncoasters were back in town and for the third time my family has been privileged with a wonderful evening shared with them. Nicer folks you will not find. Thanks guys. :slight_smile:
This is the morning after, needless to say there were a few lights missing from this picture as Suncoaster said he had to take his lights home. :stuck_out_tongue:

ABWCC8 looks smaller in that pic. Sure is nice to spend the evening with good friends.

Thanks to MRsDNF and family once again, for dinner and a pleasant evening. We hope to repeat it soon, perhaps with some beamshots to post.
That ABWCC8 custom is quite a work of art!

Its good to see you home safely. That is I assume your home. :slight_smile:

Quite a story MRsDNF , i am glad you had a good time

I`ve found that usualy ppl i met in the net ad then in rl are nice ones, who knows, maybe its just my luck or something

I dont know Mitko if its luck or not. I suppose its not much different to times gone by meeting strangers, just in a different manner. You could always have the chance of meeting good or bad people.
Who know’s but maybe one day we will cross paths. :slight_smile:

Ooh me might

To visit Australia , New Zealand and Russia : ofc for hunting - a must visit places if you wanna see the nature as it should be

You know Steve, back in 2010 out company started building a hospital in Mosul, Iraq- and ofc i was forcet to join the team there… the wifey nearly died when i told her
It ended with several good from there, and only nice feelings - the one thing i couldnt live through again is the heat …yet one could use to this also, ppl are so authentic in there and the life is so simple…