The SYNIOSBEAM - CFT90 recoil thrower

Damn! Nice Work!
I think i would get in real trouble if i would point this light up in the air arround here (because I am living a few km away from an Airport).

:+1: awesome power. What temperature do you think the body will reach in equilibrium? And what is the runtime? I suppose it would be easy to attach a bigger battery to the outside.

Only trees and sky :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I plan to do that within the next week, I just need to do it somewhere that isn’t my small balcony haha

I’m sorta near an airport, but it’s not a laser and is safe for planes.
I always do my best to make sure it’s not in the path of any planes though.

Less than 50C for sure but I haven’t had it on long enough to measure.
At about 150W consumption and with 6x 5.5Ah 3.7v lipos, 122Wh, it will last between 45 and 60 minutes.
The charging port on the back can also be used for hooking up external power, as long as the internal cells are removed of course :slight_smile:

Unbelievable beam! What is the range of that monstrosity?

No measurements yet… hopefully this week or next week.

Pluto?

Awesome.
MOAR BEAMSHOTS !!

More beamshots please

Yes, more

:laughing:

Maybe the “new” Planet 9 that many of those in the know say actually does exist.

Can it be attached to a keychain?

You probably mean: can a keychain be attached to the light?

Yes!

Easy, just screw this into one of the tripod mounts on it :smiley:

Can be attached to an anchor chain, no problem

Sure it can!

Awesome. This’ll prolly be the world’s 1st keychain-ready anti-aircraft/anti-satellite searchlight!

I will be interested in buying one next year :beer:

Can I run 8 x 21700 5000 mah too it ?
What will you use for input voltage so I can plan the battery configuration ?

In series?
Or do you mean 4s2p?
Currently I’m running 3S to it, but I’m sure Lexel can adjsut the design to work with 4s easily.

Problem is that the driver is very expensive so you might want to look at his other CFT90 driver options, I think he recently designed a new one that can do 40A and costs much less.
Of course those other drivers don’t have the dip switches for tweaking the output though.

Thanks I will check with him about the other CTF-90 drivers. I’m researching ahead of the current mod because the CTF-90 configuration will be implemented if the XHP 70.2 cooling is successful. I can set it up for 6v, 12v, or 24v. 2s4p, 4s2p, or 8s1p. But I don’t think the 24v is safe to use. :+1:

I think I saw it from Seattle :wink: