The XP-G3 and the mystery of the disappearing luminance

Looks about right.

Now go put that on CPF…

Here is a maukka test of a XPG3 light. It uses TIRs which tend to blend some of the tint shift I think, so it should be even more pronounced in a reflector.

You’re very welcome!

uh, LOL!
feel free… I already got told to get my eyes checked, and to buy a new monitor

There must be some kind of GreenSlider Effect, that makes me see green in HDS LEDs, (I also see PWM in HDS lights)… maybe its the fact that my house lighting is 3000k Incandescent… Or all those years hanging out at Baudelaires are causing flash backs… hmmm

thanks
yes, Flip chips are a problem in flashlights with clear optics.

A test of a Bare XP-G3 LED can show tint below the BBL (negative DUV),

and then when the LED is in a light, the reflector can capture the side light coming off the flip chip, and produce a Greenish/Yellow Donut, with tint above the BBL (positive DUV).

I find it very confusing to be told that a Bare LED has negative DUV, and then see a photo that clearly shows tint above the BBL…

here is another example of an LED that when tested Bare, the Tint comes out below the BBL, negative DUV,
and when it gets into a flashlight, the tint changes to be above the BBL
(images from maukkas post, click pic for original source)

Luminus SST-20-W 4000 K CRI95

I wonder if it would be possible to make a silvered plastic gasket that came up the side of a flip-chip LED to reflect the nasty green light back into it for photon recycling?