Thrower convex-lens powerful flashlight?

I need to do this. Neeeeeeed to….

This is going to bring brand new life to my Sipik SK-68 clones or perhaps my Ultrafire 838. My own personal Bat Signal!

Actually, I’m not sure what image(s) to project… I’ll have to collect a bunch and print a sheet of transparent paper with them, sized just right to fit the light. Maybe with some tinkering I can even get it to focus without the loupe, if I extend the lens out a bit further and put the image right in front of the LED. I haven’t tried yet though, so it might be better to use the flood setting and a magnifying glass.

This is going to be fun. :slight_smile:

Edit: Is there a way to turn off smileys? It keeps interpreting regular text (such as optional pluralization) as if it’s supposed to be an icon.

Haha ToyKeeper, I’m glad you liked it.

Because focus depend on the distance of the wall (or whathever), i think it needs to be something moveable like a loupe.

Well, I think I will go for a Tiablo A9 with the Collimator convex lens. Do you think it will work or what? It’s a lot fo money and I’m not sure if it’s the correct choice.

Thanks!

All of the lights would work but which one is the best you can only find out if you test them all.

I do not have the fandyfire stl-v6 but can this be done with the v6? Looks pretty interesting :smiley:

I am working on a very similar application, I want to project images but with a very tight and high lux projection so that at 5 meters the projected image is around 30cm only. So far I was thinking using an aspheric lens and placing the mask/transparency right on top of an LED (perhaps dedomed) so that the image is as close to the LED as possible. Reading this thread however I am wondering if using a convex lens and an aspheric is more efficient. What do you think?

With a stock UF-T20, a cheap loupe, and a transparency sheet taped to the bezel, I get an image projected pretty clearly and it’s about 40cm or 45cm across at 5m. The size of the projected image mostly depends on the loupe, not the light which shines into it.

The UF-T20 is a pretty good host for this purpose. It works better for image projection than my JAX Z1, even though the Z1 normally has much greater throw.