Thrower mod XRE Q5 to R2 conversions with beam shots

I honestly thought I was getting EZ900s I didn't know the difference was the copper ring and the emitter size. I was slightly confused when I noticed the bigger die size behind the aspherical that is why I made this post, but now I understand the difference. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Were can I get the EZ900 R2s?

I ended up getting mine from Dereelight. I just sent them an email and got this response:

Yes we have them in stock mount on 14mm MPCB, price same as XP-E R2 4A listed here, you can get them than note in paypal notice.
Thanks
Alan

I would shoot them another email to make sure they still have them.

I really wish I could find a US supplier, although I've completed my aspheric build so I don't have any use for any more.

Holy shit I meant cow,the hot spot on this thing is bright and small compared to my XML lights , this thing is so professional, the packaging is extraordinary to say the least , this is definitely a high end light and makes the dry feel like a toy in my hand , fits very well , now I know why they were so pricey , the heatsinking appears to be awesome , I’m gonna leave that up to u though , it’s just a fun light for me so if u wanna check it out and play with it lmk , I think even u would have fun on this one ,lol and has a charging stand , will come back when it gets dark :wink:

Awesome thanks for the info.

This is getting expensive. I got interested in LEDs when the XMLs came out so naturally I started experimenting with those. Later on oldbobk got me into the XPGs and I built a lot of those. Now I am going backwards again to the XREs. Soon I will build a incandescent Roar of the Pelican Maglite and maybe an alcohol burning wicked lantern.

Don't forget about the burning pile of sticks and leaves.

I hear ya though. Got my aspheric build done (spent way too much), so that's it for XR-E's. Got my triple XM-L, and stopped with the XP-G's a while back. If anything, it will just be basic single XM-L multi-switch builds. After that I'm done for good (well, until the next LED comes out).

I have one R2 left over if you want to buy it, unless you plan on buying a bunch for multiple builds. Will save you some time of having to wait for the shipment at least.

Yes please I will take it PM on the way.

On the dereelight website it says "XP-E".. so are those really XR-E?^^

No, you just have to email them to see if they still have the XR-E R2. If they do, they are the same price, so you order the XP-E but say its for the XR-E.

I've been looking for R2 EZ900's as well. Dereelight is the only retailer I can find that still has them.

I might be mistaken but I am almost positive I read somewhere recently that someone spoke to Cree and was told they had stopped production of EZ900's and had gone back to EZ1000's. I can't confirm that though, so who knows what the deal is.Was possibly on CPF.

Dereelight must have a huge stock though because when I emailed them they told me "all the XR-E reference are ez900". I also asked about buying drivers and was told that the old 1SM ( 1 mode, multi power) is $7 and the new 2MT-M (2 groups, multi power) is $10.

I will soon be buying a few pills and spare drivers for builds and as spares. Just in case...

EDIT: Found the post I was talking about, was updated to say the guy talked ti Cree and they are still producing EZ900's. Now just have to find the damn things.

Also, if anyone is after some XR-E R2 P60 and Dereelight drop ins, both ez900 and ez1000, vinhnguyen54 is selling some on that "other" forum. 3-6V @ 2.1 amps single mode. Not exactly cheap, but from what I can tell his stuff seems well regarded.

support@deerelight.com is on many blacklists and sales@.. answered:

sorry we won't sell, some people like open the dispute on paypal if they can't received in expected time, it's not possible have any tracking number.