ThruNite Catapult V6 XHP35 HI

Brighter (more lumens), throws farther, smaller, lighter, and single cell VS my Thrunite TN31….

This one is gonna make my TN31 obsolete (if I ever get it) as with many others in it’s class. Well at least I will have a very long running light… how things have advanced so much on this site and gotten cheaper too…

My TN31 did 275Kcd with XP-L HI V3 3C.
A lot bigger, but with a lot more endurance……….
My TN32 does 350Kcd with the same type led.

But these lights are in a different (size) class. You should compare the V6 to either previous Trunite models that ran on one cell or to current and comparable size/design lights, like the Amutorch JM70. But then, Thrunite is in a different price category (double) and has better build quality.

Cheers and have fun with your lights!
Nico

Thanks Nico… that is nice… One day, I’ll upgrade the LED in my otherwise factory stock TN31… what I like about the TN31 was the dual switch design (magnetic ring switch and the mechanical tail switch). It has been in its holster and in its box underneath my bed… I love that I can pull it out and know it’ll operate … haven’t recharged the batteries in over a year… last I checked (Jan 2018) the batteries still showed 4.06v… pulled it out in February one night due to 2-hour power outage… Hasn’t been out since…

Will start saving a few dollars here and there to buy a Catapult V6 just to have it in my collection.

what I like about the TN31 was the dual switch design (magnetic ring switch and the mechanical tail switch).

Me to!
Too bad Thrunite has quit with this line and design, probably a bit to expensive to produce.
I used to own multiple TN31’s, now I’m “down” to a - d river modded - TN32 which to me is the epitome of the TN31 line,
A TN31 changed to aespherical (momentarily out of action) and a custom build aespherical light based on the TN31 body and a head (I think) from Feilong (named “Mjölnir”, made by a custom buildern in Germany) with a dedomed XM L2 with special surface treatment, getting slightly over 7A.

The combination of mechanical switch at the tailcap and the magnetic switch ring to me still is the very best design to operate a flashlight.
You never need to search for the mode switch and it never fails.

Cheers,
Nico

First Post/Reply

Ordered (2) yesterday from Thrunite website, one for me and one for my brother, 20% off code worked!!! Can’t wait!!! Didn’t know flashlights were sooo addictive!!!

I remember saying that 7 or 8 years ago…I shoulda bought a house instead

Yep the more you learn and understand about flashlights, the more addictive it gets

Probably the ativistic memories of the helpless nature of darkness, we are creatures of vision… both physically and mentally… accepting the challenge to create a path blazed in darkness is virtually impossible to resist. And so it goes…

[Translation] we all need light, I mean "flashlights"

I actually looked this up in the dms-5. Good news. I’m not a hoarder. Bad news I need another bookcase after this one comes in

Anyone getting NW version? According to website it is coming. Should I wait or grab CW version?

I already got mine. They should be shipping now.

I got my nw version, it looks like a solid 5000k cct, maybe even a little cooler. The tint is nice, I don’t detect much green in it when compared to my reference 5600k nichia light.

Green in a HI light? :laughing: You must be brainwashed by the other CRI Babies… :person_facepalming: the HD’s have the terrible tint shift… :confounded:

I’ve found the HI emitters takes what green is in the spectral output of the LED and just spreads it around more evenly than what you’d see in a domed emitter. You’re still playing with a tint lotto, where the overall tint can be either above or below the BBL. But yeah I won’t even bother to buy a domed emitter in a light anymore, because the tint shift within the beam is horrible.

I am very much a tint snob. :blush:

FWIW, My colorimeter says my NW Catapult V6 is 4650K (x=.357, y=.369)

More precisely, 4654K :wink: It’s a pity that it comes out 4B. A bit too much yellow. At least that’s how the chart shows, I do not know what it looks like in reality. It almost coincides with Emisar D4 XP-G2 S4 3D which is really 4B.

I can only compare it in relation to all of my other lights for which have stated CCTs, but this is definitley much closer to my 5600k nichia jaxman than my 4500k zebralight sc600 hi mk3 or 4000k zebralight h600fc mk4 or 4000k thruntie tn40vn modded with 4 blf gt emitters. having all lights shine next to each other in a series, the 4500k 35 hi emitter from the zebralight looks slightly yellowish next to everything else, but I don’t doubt— them all being crees with the exception of the nichia— have a tint that’s above the bbl.

My vast majority of lights are under the line. For me, this is the best option.

That one has the BBL and CCT lines at the wrong position. Here’s is an updated one.