Thrunite TN31... A curious development.

But if I snap my wrist the light goes out…… Snap my wrist again & it comes back on.

Were charged last night. & The light is bright as hell

What is flitz?

This is a on going issue…. Alex they sent me the link you did to fix it

Flitz is a metal polish, I used it to remove the yellow coating on the battery carrier, that coating seems to have a very high electrical resistance.

or something similar?

Dale, I’ve heard of people accidentally putting the battery carrier in backwards with similar results. I understand it’s not real obvious which way to put it. Did you make sure its facing the correct direction?

The Tn31 cant be put in backwards… Its set up to go either way.

Yea my last one I got from masha_1 on here seem to not work right when I first put the batteries in it and slid the battery holder into the tube and tightened the tailcapap. Light didn’t come on. I flipped it around and it worked.

it doesnt seem to matter which direction I put this one in…

Well, my brother actually did put his in backwards. All it would do was a little flicker. Tried another set of batteries and same thing. Then he flipped the carrier around and tried it - worked perfect this time. He did also have to keep it nice and tight. With it just snug he had issues too.
He just got his today and went through all that.

It only flickers when I flick my wrist though… I have had the carrier in both ways with no issue. When I flick my wrist… no matter the position of the battery carrier… It will flicker once in a while.

I suggest you put some better batteries in it.

I believe it has contact issues… I am gonna pull the carrier tomorrow & clean it up well. The issue he had seem very similar.

That it may. But I know I had issues with lights when I put the fake Trustfire flames I had that I got off ebay in certain lights. Some didn’t even work. That’s why I tell people to buy good batteries like the Xtar and Panasonics. I’ve had great luck with Hi-Max. Rikr likes the Hi-Max batteries, too.

I just got mine also. I put batteries in it and nothing! I pulled the batteries (ET 18650 2500mah protected ) out in put in some trustfire flames from Manafont and still nothing. I turned the carrier around and it came on. I ran in to show my wife that it was now working and it flickered off again. I loosed the carrier a tiny bit and nothing so I tightened the crap out of it and it came on and so far no more problems. I don’t know if it is a connection problem or what.

Strange why your TN31 is having flicker problem as it is not drawing a lot of current. Could it be other reason besides contact?
I have only encountered flicker beams with TN30 if contact is not good. And it only happened one time only. I don’t see the problem anymore.

+1

I have Xstars on the way…. Still gonna clean up the battery carriage tho… Couldnt hurt. :wink:

Try inserting the battery carrier with batteries with the 2-springs side of the carrier facing the head of the flashlight. See if this helps. This is what I did before running into AlexGT fix.