Time to MoD the Jetbeam RRT01

true… I have removed the ball bearing, and its spring, from my Eye10.

I cleaned off the stock grease on the control ring assembly, and regreased with Nyogel 767a, so the ring has high resistance, and will only move if the operator deliberately turns it.

fwiw, it is possible to use too much nyogel and make the ring unnecessarily dificult to rotate, dont over do it. Suggest testing the feel by installing the ring and rotating it several times to get some idea of how stiff it feels, and make any adjustments by adding or removing excess nyogel, before resealing the control ring halves with blue loctite… the resistance will be higher once the two halves are closed closely together.

I will do. Thanks. :+1:t2:

Nice! Based on the photos I’ve gotten I am hoping mine does too. Bc I would love to run sft40 in it but the SMO rrt01 reflector has an inherent design flaw (a 1mm “wall” on bottom) that makes it so ringy no matter what height the LEDs at.

The zipper feeling rotated ring… interesting! Thanks for the input, very excited to check it out and report back!

Yessir it is. I’ve been super lucky to find two “brand new” 10 year old lights this week lol.