Tips to win the Deal Extreme 50% off promotion!

Thats an interesting though but it doesnt work that way.

With thousands of people from around the world competeing simultaneously for 200 coupons, Im not worried about how “they” do. This method increases “our” chances expotentialy. Each of us can use only one coupon per day. So if “I” happen to be lucky enough to refresh 10 windows and capture 5 discounts, I can only use one of them (if the server doesnt time out before I can make the paypal payment). When Im done, the rest of the coupons Im holding are released back into the pool for the next BLF’r to hopefully grab while he’s refreshing his set of browser windows.

Collectivley, each of us should theoretically have 10 times the chances of winning as compared to the next guy using only one browser window. IMO, keep at it and dont give up if $50 is worth your time for $100 of DX stuff. If not, this time of year is raging with many other great deals without the Russian Roulette.

As for having less items in your basket increasing your chances, I doubt this would have any impact on your chances of winning. The server would likley process each request sequentially, regardless of its size. Its a matter of luck as to which user happens to hold a posotion in the que to have their request started before too much time transpires and forces a time-out. Thats why we should use several browser windows and keep them refreshed as quickly as humanly possible.

I have won each day so far… the system works and I believe it will work for each of us (which should be obvious as to why I posted this in the first place). Dont give up… click, refresh, paste, execute… next window & repeat. Be fast, scan your windows and concentrate. Dont let any of them sit idle with a timed out window. Land a coupon, pay and COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION before releasing any other coupons you might have landed.

Your chances of winning are as good as the person that grabbed and SUCESSFULLY used the first coupon, and remains that way until the 200th coupon is used. 10 windows simultaneously humming along increases the chances 10 fold. Enlist your kids and wife on other computers in your home under multiple accounts… ok, this is getting out of hand! :bigsmile:

Good luck everyone!

The dx system will only allow one coupon per day for each account, so there are no worries of people using up several of them for themselves.

If you land a coupon and dx is running slowly, wait 5 minutes before you try and pay to allow the server to have more available resources to process and complete your transaction. While this is happening, keep your other windows refreshed to try and snag more coupons just in case the others time out during the payment process. Again… once youve paid, you can not use another coupon, so close out your windows and release the other coupons back into the pool for the next guy.

Its not a race against the clock, its a matter of securing a coupon before they are all used, and then paying the transaction before it times out. If it times out while trying to pay with a coupon, the coupon is released back into the pool.

Computer resource tip to avoid crashing your own PC while having so many browser windows open:
Close all unnecessary windows and programs that you dont need at that moment
press: ctrl-alt-del
start resource manager
click the performance tab
look at the graphic window labeled “Memory”
If that window exceeds about 75% of its capacity, you need to close a few browser windows or you might risk crashing your computer.

Sorry for all the verbiage and long posts. I just want to see you guys snag some discounts…

Gotcha. I don’t really understand how the process works internally with their servers. Just thought it me be gumming up the process by having so many windows open bombarding their server. Lol…don’t even know if I am phrasing that properly.

Anyhow…I guess if it works I might give it a try tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

So just for my info, how many items did people have in their cart that got the coupon to work?

I would be interested to know and see if my assumption is wrong :wink:

When I got it, I had only 2 items

I wasted time the first night and ignored it since. It’s not worth it to me. The Wallbuys sale worked out but for the first half hour the site was shut down.

do you refresh straight from the error 500 page? or do you go back a page and re enter the coupon code and aply again?

11 & 4 in my winning orders.

Refresh or back-button and you’ll be brought back to the shopping cart once the server gets around to processing your request. Reinsert the coupon code (ctrl-v) and press enter. The hourglass or working indicator should show that your PC is waiting for a response from the dx server.

Expect it to time out dozens of times before you will hopefully see the discount in your shopping cart.

Okay thanks…
my wrong assumption then….:wink:

You rock bro! Thanks! i tried just want you said and after 50 mins of refreshing i got 4 or 5 windows with the deal! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Yeah, thanks! I got it too

One additional tip: At least with Chrome you can just press F5 and it asks whether you want to re-send the form data. Correct button is already selected => you can just press F5, quickly followed by space (or enter) and you are done. (Way faster than back, paste, click)

i actually tried just refreshing the error 500 page without hiiting back and repasting on half my windows, and that seemed to work. hitting back would just time out and never get back to cart.

Right on my bros! Im glad you’re getting in on the deals. The last coupon for $50 off is the last one offered… and the time soon approaches (12/31/2012 18:00:00)

Good luck to those that havent scored yet.

Just a note: I didnt get coupon codes till 15-45 minutes after the sale started, and several valid codes timed out before the payment was finally excepted. Be diligent and you should hopefully be rewarded.

THE has put together another great thread with screen shots to show you what to expect as you go through the process:

Wha… I just got an email from DX, that one of the items is out of stock, and if I am willing to wait, or CANCEL MY ORDER>>>>>>>
WHAT?

Anybody else got this message?

I`m not going to cancel my “prize”…… order….

At least you got an email from them, I couldnt even contact them when my order was deleted while still having the same items in my cart and getting message that Ive used my coupon and that I can now enjoy it lol.

If you really want that item, just way, Im sure they wont mess it up, will they :D?

I got that fun dx message on all my 50% off orders as well. Whatever… I can wait. But its also a typical example of why I havent bought anything from them for the past two years since this sale. For the most part… THEY SSSSSSSSUCK AZZ! :Sp