TK's Emisar D4 review

I think sheets of glowing material like COBs are the future.

Imagine a billed cap that glows at the front above the bill (so it doesn’t glare in your eyes)

Or a cape that lights up when you open it. Or an umbrella. Or a cane with a roller-blind kind of sheet flag that glows when unfurled.

Or a little drone that follows you around and goes where you point to light things up. Or uses eye tracking to place the light where you’re looking.

[quote=alex64]

They sent you the picture or the flashlight itself? I’m new to this and not sure how far up the food chain you may be :slight_smile:

I’m not sure, but there’s a good chance the pic came from a facebook flashlight group.

The blue looks nice. I’d like to have one. Purple would be even better, as long as it’s a deep metallic purple and not another pastel shade. :slight_smile:

The clip though… meh. I think that’s the same type of clip that Lumintop overstocked and is trying to get rid of. I think I’ll stick with my modded SolarForce L2 clips. In particular, it looks like it might land at a particularly unfortunate position when attached at the tailcap end.

Here are some visuals I made to demonstrate various clip placements and why it’s important to land on a flat area… it helps get fabric clipped underneath:

> modded SolarForce L2 clips

Amen. The best clips have a ring that goes entirely around the battery tube.

I wonder if Solarforce’s other ring-clip would be feasible to modify:

Well this is what i made this evening from a Thorfire Clip :smiley: :

So from now on the led board is fixed with (two?) screws? How does that work? The optic has four legs, and the led board has four holes for the legs, and a centre hole for the wires. So how is it screwed down?

Hahahaha, I’m just a bottom feeder :smiley: but my friend who gave me that picture (actually he gave only the picture and not the light itself) already has a sample of the blue body (which will be available next month according to him).

Neal Zhang has been posting pictures of the blue D4 to his facebook group. Here’s something I saw today:

On the 17th of this month, Hank had mentioned to me via PM that it should be ready in 10 days. That would be tomorrow so I’m keeping my eye out for it to be announced any day now… I’m hoping it comes in that shade of blue. . .

Any ETA on when MTN is going to get more in?

Two legs were cut from the optic, and we put two screws on the same position of the MCPCB, nothing will be affected, but the
thermal management will be improved.
Just to clear, the new color is not blue, it is cyan.
The Green and Cyan have a grainy surface,
which gives them a matte look and a different hand feel.

The Black and Grey are as before, which is smoother.

Ok thanks! The surface of the green and cyan models, is this the same as that of the M43?

Thanks Hank for helping us learn about D4 colors.
Image Googling Cyan was educational…

No, this finish has never been on our other products before.

Ok great! So… there is a new colour cyan available, and the led board is screwed down now… Are there new developments in the near future, like another new colour or new firmware?

Will be great option for new firmware with limit for the Turbo optional for perhpas 50 or 70, the interface is great but sometimes is dificult in the ramp stop in know power

Regards

I believe the grey one is really anthracite and the black one ebony. :stuck_out_tongue:

I'll let you know as soon as mine arrives. I bought one specifically to try on the D4 - modding expected.

Ordered Cyan Nichia 90 CRI and Carclo 10623 :smiling_imp:

Yea, I jumped into the bandwagon. ordered a warm white D1, nichia high cri D4 (damn the heat, the feel the beam), and probably one of the next one once it become available. Too bad only black was available last night, but I asked them to change to grey if the order wasn’t yet shipped, as that would have been my first choice.

Now for the 40 to 60 days chinese shipping takes to deliver in Brazil XD

Just ordered a nichia 90cri in cyan !!!