Tractor Supply 3xD, Zoomable, Side Switch. Update - xm-l soldered to copper heatsink - pics

That is an awesome mod man!

I love that direct bonding stuff. Do you experience that it gets warm faster than the other xml modded one you did or is it about the same??

Thanks - that project ate up a day and a half - but the next one will be much faster

The body on this light gets warm MUCH faster.

Part of that is because the pill in the last one had more mass - I used several sizes of copper fittings (including a thick bushing), and a lot of solder.

But, that required drilling holes for the leads, and it was a big PITA. Copper is bad enough (and I have cobalt bits), but copper and solder is even worse.

You could (visually) notice the heat sag in the last one (I put a driver in before trading, 2.8A), but there's no (visually) noticeable sag w/ this one.

I also filed the ano off the top edge of the body, where it meets the lip on the pill. I figured that'd give me a good ground connection, so that I could put a lot of arctic ceramique on the threads. I think that's helping a lot, too.