Tried to order from Simon. Now being asked for pics of my credit card, bank statement, drivers license/ss/passport

Have you expressed yourself to AliExpress?
They should know or learn this cannot be asked like this.

If it’s really Ali, they’re probably just trying to verify your identity because there’s been some other suspicious activity. It’s probably legit. However, there’s no way I would give them that info, even if it is legit.

It’s up to you how much effort you want to do, in order to purchase something. Personally, I’d just move on and not deal with them for awhile.

Sounds like they want you to open an AliPay account. AliPay is apparently a Chinese company that is something resembling a mixture between a bank and PayPal.

A year ago, when I ordered from Simon for the first time on AliExpress, I also started to register for an AliPay account. But when they started to ask me for a scanned ID, like a Passport, I backed out.

Turned out that it worked just as well to enter normal credit card details upon checkout from AliExpress. (To be on the safe side I used a one time proxy credit card :smiley: )

It’s not Simon’s fault. I reordered and asked to pay via Paypal.

But as more merchants use Alipay, it will be a growing problem.

By the way: AliPay is a HUGE company, handling about 50% of all online transactions in China (amounting to something like 660 BILLION US dollars in 2012). So, AliPay is probably a very legit company. But I’m NOT comfortable with transmitting a copy of my ID openly over the Internet anyway.

I have lost Simon’s email… And his user name here does not appear to simply be Simon… can someone help?

Thanks Matt

I heard that, I have several good friends up that way. Nothing wrong with “simple mountain folks”, I’m one myself. :wink:
I wasn’t raggin’ ya’ about being from Tennessee……… just about the “VOLS” fan part. :wink:
I figured your blood ran ‘Orange’ just like the rest of my Tennessee friends. :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

It does, for the extent I care. But my initials are VT… very confusing for the last big game.

Matt, message Simon through the AliExpress system, he is very busy J-Dub74 told us, but he answers short and to the point

(BTW never made an Alipay acount but payments in the AliExpress app goes through them

Contact AliExpress it still sound fishy (lol just had fun with the family “I wonder where the fish has gone” Monthy Python :D)

I understand……. :wink: … Yeah that would have been confusing for last weeks game for sure. :slight_smile: … Y’all did good by the way…… 45-24… :+1:

You have to do similar after a certain $ threshhold with Paypal.
Upload drivers license photo or comparable document.

I had to do it when accepting paypal for business.

If you want a bitcoin account anywhere you have to do the same.

It is no cause for alarm.

Teacher, do you have a problem with the University of Tennessee? I am a graduate of their Liberal Arts College of Mathematics specializing in Computer Science. In 1978 comp sci was considered to be a “soft science” hence being in liberal arts. This is an unusual BA instead of the BS it has come to be realized it should have been. Been programming for over 35 years, have always had gainful employment; house, multiple cars & toys, and kids education are all paid for. All I can add is GO VOLS!

Hi!

Been using Alipay for a while now; I had to upload a couple pics of my ID card.

So far everything right, better than GayPal. In fact, reimbursements are WAY faster.

Cheers ^:)

No problem at all with UT ‘carmantl’…. they are in the ‘SEC Nation’ aren’t they? :wink: We need to support each other, joking around does not change that.
Sounds like you have done well for yourself too, congrats. :+1:

Fact is, I pull for UT on a regular basis; except of course for that Third Saturday in October every year when Crimson meets Orange.
(Well it was always “Third Saturday in October” before 1992 I think it was. :slight_smile: … )

Keep up the good work my friend……. I’ll bring a Convoy M1 to Neyland if it is a night game. :wink:

edit….

It’s bad enough having to worry about clerks / sale people here in our own country copying card data with a skimmer device but I have a real problem with sending personal data like a photo ID, etc off to someone who knows where in the world. No way on earth I would give up anything more than filling in the blanks for name, address and the CC number. Fill in the blanks, yes; supply copies of any kind for info not required to complete a normal transaction, never.

I use virtual or one time use CC numbers almost exclusively for everything online. The exception is those places where I prefer PayPal because of the dispute process they offer. It may mean a few more mouse clicks on every transaction but is safer than using any CC info stored someplace on someone’s server.

I’m with you ‘MtnDon’…… it would be a “cold day ~” before I sent any personal info. Back in the spring I had two (2) credit cards compromised in a three week period and that was just using them locally. Thank goodness it has not happened again, but it showed me the “bad guys” are surely out there ready to take full advantage. :person_facepalming:

Don’t knock the Nigerian royal family, they made me rich.

The money was going to show up in August but there were some delays and some fees, but the millions will be showing up any day now, and when they do, then no more BLF for me, it will be all CPF, stretch limos, Champagne, expensive call girls, and Surefire lights.

Yes I’m still waiting for my mine, not heard anything for a while, no matter if sure they will send the million soon enough.

I’m not worried thoughthey are probably just very busy finding enlightenment with the teachings of the Reverend Hoobit Yerkokof and his flock :wink:

Hey, good for you guys!!! :THUMBS-UP:

I am fixing to be "set" also. $) I figure just from the 6 offers below I am good for at least 32 Million Dollars..... minimum. $)

I'm gonna quit my job, buy a machine shop, hire a few high paid 'peons', and start building "hot rod" flashlights and give them away for a while for just shipping costs. All while I am sitting on the veranda sipping 'Mint Juleps' of course. ^:)

Any of you good modders out there want a high paid job call BR459 or send your resume to HotRodLights@scamsRus.bs

Either of you guys want in once you get your millions there is room on the veranda for you. BYOB.......... ;)

--------------------------------

James Audu <noahamin2@aol.fr> Aug 25 at 2:28 AM

Hi.. I'm sending this brief letter to request your partnership for transfer of US 10.5million dollars. I will send you more information and procedures when I receive a positive response from you immediately VIA : jamesaaudu@gmail.com Regards James Audu

victor ken <victorken1110@gmail.com> Aug 24 at 11:47 AM

I am (Mr VICTOR KEN )Auditing And Accounting Section,I got your mail address through the international network business media directorates when I was looking for a sure contact of someone who can assist me as foreign partner I assured of your capability and reliability to champion this business opportunity when I prayed to the most high about you. I want to transfer an abandoned $9.5 million to your account,40% for you while 60% for me, please if you are interest send your information to me for more details for me to give you the taxt of appication from so that you can fill it and send it to the bank. NOTE you have to keep everything secret as to enable the transfer to move very smoothly in to the account you will provide to the bank. As you finished reading this letter call me immediately so that we will discuss very well over this business. Please call me and inform me that you received my mail, because i don't go to net always.

1.Your Full Names:_____________

2.Postal Address:______________

3.Direct Cell Numbers:_________

4.E-mail Address:______________

5.Sex:_________________________

6.Age:_________________________

7.Occupation:__________________

8.Country Name_________________

9.Your scan copy passport_________________

Reply me immediately. Yours faithfully, VICTOR KEN..

Mr Mohammed Hassan <mrhenry557@gmail.com> Aug 23 at 1:50 PM

Dear Sir/ Madam, Mr.Mohammed.Hassan is my real name and I actually got your contact from your country website and i decided to contact you and to share my success with you. I am a good Muslim and I strongly believe and trust you that you will not betray neither denied me whenever this fund is been finally transferred into your destination bank account. It is with trust and sincerity that I approach you for assistance to transfer this fund into your foreign account. I was a top government official with the (Iamgold Company), my responsibilities then includes awarding and signing of contracts for the purchases of drilling equipment and raw materials to the IAMGOLD Company, by companies and government from different parts of the countries. Through over invoiced and bulk purchases that were made on behalf of the IAMGOLD Company, I made this sum of (US$25, 000.000.00) which I now want to transfer to any trustworthy account overseas. I shall then provide you with further information and modalities that will help you understand the transaction for directives to our success-mail:mohammed.hassan@t-online.de You should contact me with Email address as follow E-mail:mohammed.hassan@t-online.de and upon your response, I am waiting further to hear from you soonest in success. Thanks and best regards. Mr.Mohammed.Hassan.

Mr. Enrique Luis <le_na5@aol.fr> Aug 19 at 8:32 PM GOOD DAY!

I am Mr. Enrique Luis, the Audit and Account Manager (B.O.A)Bank in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso, west Africa I have a business transaction for you. In my department i discovered an abandoned Sum of US$12.5 Million Dollars. In an account that belongs to one of our late foreign customer who died on Air crash with his family member. Ever since he died nobody to claim the left over balance in the account. It is therefore upon this discovery that I decided to seek your assistance to present you as his business associate for my bank to transfer the funds to your account. If you accept i would give you the guide lines of how we can achieve this transfer of the balance $12.5 Million Dollars to your account. The fund will be share 50-50%. By both of us..if you are capable to handle this transaction please furnish me the following information for more details. Please try to girt back to me form this private e-mail address. mr.enriqueluis99@gmail.com. I am looking forward to read from you soon. Full names:... Country:.. Your pravite phone number:... Your Age/Sex:.. Regards, Mr. Enrique Luis,

James Audu <noah.amin4@aol.fr> Aug 19 at 12:47 AM

Hi, I'm sending this brief letter to request your partnership for transfer of US 10.5million dollars. I will send you more information and procedures when I receive a positive response from you immediately VIA : jamesaaudu@gmail.com Regards James Audu

---------------------------------

Friedrich & Annand Mayrhofer <tijani@fsr.ac.ma> Aug 14 at 4:07 PM

My wife and I have awarded you with a donation of $ 1,000,000.00 Dollars from part of our Jackpot Lottery of 50 Million Dollars, respond with your details for claims. We await your earliest response and God Bless you. Friedrich And Annand Mayrhofer.

--

“You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.” - William Blake