Tritium Vials for Sale

I keep thinking I want to set one of the spheres in a mag light head and cap the back end to make a map reader. I just don’t have any of the big heads laying around. :frowning:

I’m debating whether to buy a tritium sphere to put inside a necklace:

It currently has a tiny LED with a couple hearing aid batteries, but it glows pretty dim and the batteries only last for ~15 hours… a trit sphere would be brighter, more even, and glow for years.

What quality are these trit’s ?
I know that not all trit’s are the same in brightness, nor life expectations, with some being a few years and others 10+

These tritium vials are from Amsterdam and rated to last 12 years.

Gah, I’m being stalked ! :wink:

Considered doing a GB here to introduce yourself ?
It is a budget forum after all :wink:

Haha… I have email notifications turned on. :bigsmile: what is a GB? Well, I’m from Singapore and my current favourite edc is a zebralight sc52. :slight_smile:

GB = (in most forums) Group Buy :slight_smile:

You do realise that if you can entice me with a cheap enough price, I’m going to have to search for a suitable host to justify my purchase, right ? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, how long ago were these manufactured in Europe ?

Oh, I see!

The prices I offer are probably the lowest in the forums so I really can’t go any lower. :frowning: These vials are maximum 1-2 months old when they get to me and because I don’t keep much stock, they get sold in less than 3 months.

I’m beginning to get an itch I can’t scratch and I have this prize money you see… I need to see if I can line up holes in my plumbers fin mod. Hmm, red dragon Minimag with yellow and green eyes.

I have one of the 6 (orange/red) tritium vial brass beads for sale. Installed with 1.5x6mm tritium vials. $70 for unregistered shipping and an additional $3 for registered shipping with tracking number.

I have the following for sale:

10 green, 10 ice blue, and 5 purple 3x22.5mm vials. $14.04 per piece.

5 green 6x143mm. $67.60 a piece.

$2 flat rate shipping. Additional $3 for registered shipping with tracking number. :slight_smile:

I have some spheres and rectangular blocks available for sale too. :slight_smile:

where can someone buy the Norland 61 in the states for a good deal?

Hi, you can get some from here: http://optical-adhesive.com/

Whats the consensus on mounting these in a 5.6 amp head…?
Running a kerberos quad 219 in a fivemega host, deeply finned…Wanted to put them in the head out near the edge so the trits show through the fins.
Tony

I had a client who mounted them IN the head with temperatures of 70 degrees Celsius +/- and they started failing. My opinion is if the LEDs run very hot, avoid doing that. These are after all glass vials with thin walls and high pressure tritium gas inside.

But if they are on the outside of the fins, MAYBE. I have a few tiny ones on the slots at the head of the zebra sc52 and they work fine.

@Eclipsesharp

Good to see you’re still around. I PM’d you 5 days ago regarding purchase of 1.5x6mm green vials. Never heard back from you, so I assumed you had gone out of business.

Check your messages and if nothing is there, let me know pls.

If I understand correctly, high temperatures will make the trit vials brighter and reduce their life span… while cold temperatures should make them a bit dimmer and longer-lived. But I’m not really sure; that’s just how most reactions work, and I think it also applies here.