TrustFire F15-T6 Out of the Envelope Impressions

Thanks man I am really glad you like the mod I did on that light.

The reason those drivers all pop off is that collar is a large chunk of stainless steel so it is really difficult to get it hot enough to get the solder to stick to.

I'm glad that you finally like the F-15 , Foy .

I've also received several (OK, 3) "crapfire" branded flashlights, with different problems. Fixed all. It helps I've been in commercial and consumer electronics for over 35 years.

All is good when they are fixed, and I keep reminding myself that the price (to me) is worth the risk.

+1 It’s a great light!

I've actually grown quite fond of it. It's robust and it makes a huge wall of light using the Reverend's unprotected Panasonics. I'm going to get an SMO for it and see what kind of a thower it is.

Foy

I installed this one:

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/416mm-aluminum-smooth-reflector-for-ultrafire-c8-p-6092

My sample's outer dimensions are 41.7 and 30.9 mm and fits perfectly. Beam pattern is clean.

At 3m the diameters are: hotspot 25cm (visibly brighter edge), corona 70cm (very bright).

Imax = 31.8 kcd at 3.7A (measured at 8m).

For reference, I'm getting 34.9 kcd from the TF-X9 (at 1.8A) and 55,0 kcd from the UF HS-802 R2 (at 1.45A).

My F15 is impressive up to 50-70m, but not a good thrower. Too many lumens are spent for the bright corona, which, at longer distances, is actually contraproductive.

"My F15 is impressive up to 50-70m, but not a good thrower. Too many lumens are spent for the bright corona, which, at longer distances, is actually contraproductive."

That's why (in my opinion) XR-Es make such good throwers.

totallyagreeFoy