Trustfire F15 T6 XML 3 Mode

I re-flowed the solder job on my F15 last night, and clipped a couple coils off the spring so Hi-Max batteries would fit better without the pressure on the pill. Works just find now...

I filed the brass contact in the tailcap down about 1/4"

Mine draws 4.2amp at 4.2v and 3.5amp around 3.8v from unportected batteries. It gets hot within a few minutes. BTW does anyone know if there is a way to deactivate the strobe?

Interesting - I thought it was hollow.

Nope . I filed it down because whenever I tightened the tailcap I heard the spring in the tail collapse in on itself . Filing the brass contact fixed the problem .

They're all direct draw (cheap xml's), so it's mostly down to luck.

Thanks agedbriar for the link. It will be my next light lottery. Hope I get a good one.

Ah, I didn't mean that.

A popular regulated Hi draw for XM-L lights seems to be ~1.5A. I have a KD Manta Ray C8 running a 1.4A High and that current makes a quite sensible max for everyday use.

For this LumaPower branded successor to the F15 the description stated 1.5A at first, but later that spec was gone. So I'm wondering whether it is indeed regulated conservatively or driven the same as the F15 model (2.6A and up, DD).