1 - AW 2200mAh 18650 and the 4.2v-8.4v dropin:

going on 1:30 right now

2 hrs.

2:30

3 hrs. but looks like it's on medium

4 hrs.

4:30 and still going but looks like it's on low

Looks like another 6 hrs.

Guys, is it even possible that FF’s light should be running more than a short time on a single 4.2v lion if the lights working voltage is between 4.2v-8.4v? For that light to work that long on a single lion, doesn’t the lower limit of the working voltage have to be less than 4.2v?

I do know that SB sells dropins for novices that fall out of regulation and as the cell goes down in voltage the brightness of the light will too.

http://www.sbflashlights.com/Solarforce-Dropins/Solarforce-LC-1-Cree-P60-R2-1-Mode-6V-18V-p21.html

Here's the one I'm using now:

Solarforce LC-1 Cree R2 3 Mode 4.2-8.4V

http://www.sbflashlights.com/Solarforce-Dropins/Solarforce-LC-1-Cree-R2-3-Mode-4-2-8-4V-p69.html

1 - AW 2200mAh 18650 and the 4.2v-8.4v dropin:

It's been going for 5 hrs. now but I can barely see the light so I'm going to stop now.

The voltage was 2.79v which is very low.

What the hell is going on here?

Hey that was some good runtime though bud......nice job on doing it for me.

Shouldn't the light have turned off as soon as the voltage drops below a certain level since the batteries protected?

It should have.....it seemed like the protection didnt trip because of the dimming effect of the light.

I wonder how long it would run on 2 - 18650's? Dusk til dawn? lol

For a long time i can tell you that.....

I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

I have 8 of the BlackFlames I got from DX. The came out of the box at 3.8v. I tried to charge in my Pila IBC, Pila didn't see it. I discharded the battery down to 2.7v and the Pila still won't see it. The Pila charges my AW 16340s and 18650s fine.

Anybody have any idea?

Did you try pushing the reset button? That usually works for me and sometimes I have to push reset several times which is kind of a pain in the arse.

I've been thinking about buying a dedicated 16340 charger. Any suggestions?

Reset no worky!

That's the problem. If the Pila doesn't charge these things, I'm getting an iCharger. ICharger = $$$

A 4Seven's charger? It charges LiFePo too, so more adaptable than Pila.

Found out what the problem was. The Trustfire is like 2 or 3mm longer than the AW. This causes you to have to really jam it it the charger along with the dummy cell. Somebody got me thinking contact issues that I thought I had looked into enough. I used a jumper wire instead of the dummy cell and it works perfectly. Found a few bolts and I'm off to charging!

I think that things were so tight and the ground connection(-) was so flattened out that it lost contact.