Trustfire Mini 01 clones

Or $3.39 with the code 36bgc8 :wink:

Though Smiling Shark is my favorite flashlight brand, I wasn’t impressed by my SS 01 clone. I like my stainless steel TrustFire Mini 01 better.
For my hiking day pack I do need an aluminum CR123a light though.

That is something, I understand that Smiling Shark is your favorite brand. How does it look for modding? I filed down a triple optic for the TomTop one I got yesterday, everything feeds into the head from the back. I am just wondering as I ordered one from the USA warehouse with mapache’s code (works for that as well, $4.25 from US warehouse), with the intent to mod it…

The mini01 is always limited from the 16340 batteries, hard to squeeze out more than 800lumens from one…I hope that someone makes the exact same light just a tad wider so that it will fit 18350s, that would help a lot.

I have the trustfire stainless steel variant on my keys for years and it helds up to the use very good. Aluminium will wore it’s anodization off quickly.

The prices on the other hand are insane, just a few dollars for a whole light…

I don’t recommend the SS-508 for mod., beyond bypassing the resistors that serve it as a driver. The pill consists only of a threaded ring that holds the star in, and the contact board with the resistors on it isn’t positively held in place by anything. It could handle a bit more power with a thicker star that fit snugly, but it would be better to start with something more solid.

Got in one of the clones from the OP. Ordered from Ebay (TomTop) for ~$7.

Modded it into a triple. Used a Noctigon with three 219A’s (Warm White) that I filed down. Filed down a wide beam optic and shoehorned it all into the light with a two mode driver. High is direct drive, about 2.4A on a fully charged 16340, low is about 900ma and has visible PWM, so another driver is in order. It needs a spacer, I used two driver rings from the convoy S2 pills, but I will find something more thermally inclined in the future. It is only about 1/8” more that it needs, so a S2+ spacer from RMM is way too thick.

The stock clone is OK, but I had to mod it. . I ordered a genuine TrustFire Mini01 and like it a lot more in stock than the clone. I will keep that one stock for now.

Very nice

Wow a triple in a mini01… :bigsmile:
Sadly the cells don’t allow a lot of current.