TrustFire X8 XM-LT60 5-Mode from DX review and diasambled pics

Nice job andi! Which driver are you using? did u just modify the existing one? I've been happy with my x8 but don't even come close to 3 amps with 1 18650.

I use THIS driver.

But with 17mm it was too small for the X8, so i use the the original driver board (everything removed, also conducting paths) as "Master".

Drilled a hole in orig. board, stuck spring from NANJG board through and soldered from other side.

Mass contacts you can see on pic ;)

From other side the driver looks nearly like the "untouched".

Beamshots (1m from wall):

note: the modded KD C8 is much brighter, as the orig. KD C8 XML.

And with orig. driver i measure with 1x18650=~3,1A@high (Trustfire X8) ;)

Thanks for the review and pics!
2 reviews of the same light on the same day… Awesome! :d

Tonight i went out and compared TrustFire X8 CREE XM-L T6 Vs Brinyte XML-C5 CREE XM-L T6, and X8 puts alot more brighter light whit biger spot and spil then Brinyte.

Brinyte XML-C5 is underdriven whit only 1.5 amps (it uses nanjang 101 driver) i odered 5 pack of same drivers so soon i will mod C5 driver by ading one more nanajang 101 and compare tose two more or less equaly driven.

I think Brinyte XML-C5 whit 3A should be avesome light i ahve Ultrafire HS-802 whit R2 led and this C5 whit xml kick ass compared to R2.

At beamshots it look´s like my Brinyte has only same bright hotspot, only smaller.

But in reality i mean, hotspot it´s brighter ;)

My opinion is: for "normal" use, the beam of the Brinyte is not really useful....it´only a "thrower-toy". ;)

The Trustfire X8 beam is between my "flood-OP-C8" and my Brinyte.....VERY useful!

are there any different between between x8 xm-lt6 and x8 xm-lt60

oh and this is my first post. just want to say hi.

Basing from opinions from above am ordering one from dealextreme. :santa:

http://aud.dx.com/product/trustfire-x8-xm-lt60-5-mode-1000-lumen-memory-white-led-flashlight-with-batteries-set-2x18650-961057749#.UoX4VifpzEo