trying to consolidate all ZeusRay posts

A nice tip. Thanks.

Is 4 degrees really that much noticeable, as in, if you didn’t measure it, would you really be able to tell? I’m not convinced it is.

I think I could notice, I’ve been through a few zoomies. But if I can or not does not matter, I have absolutely no reason to buy it if it is not at least as wide. For me it is an inferior light.

Did any of you get a tracking number? My order said it was going to ship from Hong Kong instead of their LA Warehouse. I paid $1.99 extra for International Register Air Mail (Add Tracking).

I’m itching to get my hands on this flashlight. :smiley:

Drop them an email > sales@dealmetic.com . They will reply you within 2 days.

I spoke too soon. I found a yellow envelope in the mailbox. It had two Zeusray’s in it. One works great and is very bright compared to what I own now. The second one is DOA. :_( Anyone here get a DOA Zeusray and did Dealmetic resolve the problem? Refund or Replace?

EDIT: One more thing. The Zeusray kicks the ever loving crap out of my prized Sipik SK68 and it’s CK91 sibling. I’m in awe of what this Zeusray can do. Looking forward to building my Convoy M2 and seeing what that can do.

Since you have two, one working, have you tried swapping parts?
Tailcap, anyhow, in case it’s just a bad switch (and make sure the switch is tight in the tailcap)
Have you unscrewed the pills to see if they look the same on the driver end?

And of course let them know and post what they reply.

I switched tail caps and still the same thing. As for the working one, I’m still in awe of it’s brightness.

EDIT: Got a hold of Mountain Electronics and I’m having them add another Qlite driver and 16mm LED to my existing order so I can do something with this paperweight. I sure hope it’s a 16mm in there.

Just measured, and it's 16mm driver.

Jubeldum, I hope you will contact Dealmetic — they have an email address on their home page.

Because they’ve sort of promised to sell us the pills, or a host version of the light — and if they are fair with you and give you something back, or replace the dead light, that’d be a good sign.

(Now we know there are one or two smart people at the company, and they aren’t in charge, and whoever is in charge might have no clue about making us happy — but it’d be worth knowing what response you get.)

Hi, guys

I really like my zeusray but i want to upgrade the led and star.

How do i remove the brown protection over the led to get access to it?

this one https://www.dealmetic.com/\img\FL\FL05518\FL05518-2.jpg

Do i just stick something in there and bend? it feels glued.

So its a 16mm driver, do anyone sell a 16mm blfdd fet driver that fit? do any blf16dd driver even exist?

Guys, think I posted this in the past, but I easily modded my ZeusRay with a Nanjg at 3.85A, shown here:

Fits standard 17mm drivers perfectly. Here's the album of my pics on the ZeusRay and mods:

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/TomE2012/library/ZeusRay

Can't recall how I got the brown reflector/retainer out, but many times I poke them out from a LED wire hole from the pill side using a solder pick tool. Sometimes I pry them up. I usually don't re-use them - can't recall what I did.

Pry it with a pair of tweezers at edge near LED, with a little bit of force. It will pop out without much damage.

I got 2 more stock ZeusRay's, and I took one apart and popped out the driver via one of the 2 pry holes, then easily, but carefully poked the brown protection ring out with my solder pick tool through one of the LED wire holes.

On my modded one, I did re-install the brown protection ring because it had no damage from removing it, though all three brown protection rings have some minor cracks.

The full modded one is doing 1,306 OTF lumens (on my PVC lightbox) on a U3-1A, tailcap measured at 3.92A with an Omten replacement switch, springs bypass wired. Outstanding for a zoomie. Love to see what it would do on a BLF DD driver, wight's design...

Thanks for the answer Tom E and freeme i appreciate it,

What do you use if you aren’t reusing the brown reflector/retainer? are you using just the led and star on the pill?

Do you have any lumen’s estimate for that Nanjg at 3.85A driver? if i remember it right you measured the original driver in the 900 lumen’s range.

EDIT
:slight_smile: you answered my question about the reflector before i had even had time to wright it down.

Yes that what i have been thinking since i got it, i can’t wait to feel the burn in my hand and see all that light from that free flowing blfdd fet driver :slight_smile:

Post above has latest lumens measured with the U3 1A. The original #1 stock ZeusRay did 782 OTF stock w/tail of 3.6A. The 918 OTF lumens # was before the tailswitch replacement, afterwards, I measured 1081 OTF lumens. Also I found out later the XM-L2 U2 1A I had and tested in there was defective - it had that weird doggy image on the dye? I didn't think it effected max lumens, but the XM-L2 U3-1A definiteily did better - bout another 220 lumens bump.

OMG - first time ever I took a rough count of the flashlights surrounding me in my home office - I hit 140 and I know there's more around... Really need to do some serious giveaway's or auction selling... Frown

I got a problem

Thanks for the updated lumens estimates now i know more what to expect when the part start coming in,

140 lights, i just started and own in total of 5…… i think the zeusray is an amazing second and third flashlight and the blf x6 is an almost as good fourth :slight_smile: and it all thanks to blf that have helped me find such great deals i can’t wait to start serious modding these soon.

Its weird first i wrote 3 the slowly i remembered one more and then one more, just like i have been adding to them :) flashlights is weird creatures they keep multiplying almost by them self :)

Tom E have you tried the new xp-l v6 in one? Dale had some interesting theory that maybe the high binned xp-l’s could produce more than the “new” xm-l2’s like the u3’s.

I tried a couple of the XP-L V6's out, but in low end lights, like a T10 AA, a AAA S.S light, etc. - not a ZeusRay or anything at this size or higher yet. I got a bunch of V5's too. Not enough time to install them all yet, but planning on triples de-domed, etc. XP-L's though have that ceiling, lower than the older XM-L2's. Dunno - the new high Vf XM-L2's may be driving us more towards XP-L's - jury is still out on what's goin on with CREE as of late.

I got a email from them verifying my address for reshipment. It looks like they will take care of their customers. As for the dead one, it’s becoming a host. Ordered a QLITE REV.A 7135*8 3.04A LED DRIVER and a CREE XM-L2 U3 2A LED on Noctigon 16mm MCPCB today. I figure that tint would be in between NW and CW. Not too blue and not too yellow.

I did take the lens off and took a quick look. That lube that is on the tube is all over the inside of the lens and on the dome of the led. Nasty stuff. I need to find out if there is a glass lens that fits this too. Might as well replace everything while I’m at it.