Turnigy LSD's

Important thing price.

Stuff may be better but if it is 10x the price it is time to think hard.

Me, I'm happy with the Eneloops I bought 40 of a couple of years ago. Most of the rest of the NiMH cells got junked apart from the ones I use for cordless mice and the like. Hopefully I'll not be buying AA rechargeables for years now but it is good to know what's out there.

Yes i know what you mean, i have plenty of rechargeables and like you said its nice to know whats out there.....and i really dont mind trying a set out.

Well the batts finally showed up today, doing a discharge at 800ma to see where the cells are at when they were shipped, and to also check on the condition of the batts. Plan on doing an R/A first to see how healthy the cells are.

Well so far im on my second phase of my battery charging method which consists of a discharge, rest, charge and discharge......charge will always be 1amp and discharge will be at 800ma. I can tell you guys now that it seems like it was worth the wait but as of right now its too early to tell. The numbers im getting are in the 2040's and thats darn good for newly bought cells.

Sounds pretty good so far. I'm looking forward to hearing how they do after a few cycles.

That and to see if there really lsd's.......

Well the Turnigy cells have upped my expectations for now, the quality of the cells are on par to Duraloops and Eneloops, the label capactiy of the cells say 2200 mah and by looking at my chart there not far from it, I havent done a breakin yet, just wanted to see how the cells stacked up against some of my other batts. I can see why the cells have such great reviews. Im really hoping that these are actually Low Self Discharge cells.....well have to find that out in a couple of months.

Those are excellent numbers and I too would be curious to see how long they hold a charge.

Well after the breakin im going to let the cells sit for a month and see how they do.

About to do the same with the Camelion ones I bought. Will be interested to see how they compare....

The Turnigy (Non-LSD) C's I've got are impressive. They feed the Varapower with15A

I know what you mean, i am very pleased so far with the cells. If i had known they were going to be this good from the start then i would have gotten more, doh. I see that an replied, for the price you cant go wrong at all with those cells. Its always a good thing to have more batts then one could possibly need.

Just posting a small update on these cells.....there resting now on the Breakin Cycle before they discharge and i decided to sneek a peek, both cells were a little over at 2300 mah, i just hope the cells are not rebadged high capacity cells. Well post more info when the cycle is complete.

Can I get a pic of the ends please, these sound rather similar to my ones so it'd be interesting to compare them.

Well right now there in the discharge process of the breakin.....

Not a good time then.

No problem.

Well i will post pics so dont worry buddy......i would also like to know.

The results are finally in.......the cells have met and exceeded the capacity stated on the label. Going to run the batts in my nightlights and see how they do on another R/A cycle.

Breakin Mah--

Cell1-- 2219

Cell2-- 2214

Very good numbers Al. Now hopefully they keep it up over time.

That's always the big deal with LSDs. I've yet to find anything that does this as well as the Eneloops. They may have a lower claimed capacity but after a few weeks they have more charge available.

I know that eneloops are the best out there but I just can't help buying some new kind of nimh rechargeable batteries. Especially if they are sitting on a store shelf but now that my sister is here, she will be going back to Alaska with about 2 dozen AA and AAA rechargeable batteries and a charger or 2. I will be keeping the eneloops and duraloops of course. :bigsmile: