UF 2100 help

Great point! DinoDirect's unofficial motto: "Sometimes good prices, but always fishing for idiots."

So I took the tailcap apart again after looking at those pictues posted by MixoMaxo. There is no tongue sticking out to make contact with the body on my component as shown in that photo. I guess that might be my issue.

Is there any way to rig it with foil or something like that? I don't have a soldering iron. Thanks.

Sean

sry my fault was sleepy… if u look at picture the central ring make contact with the battery and the external ring passing thought the switch connect battery to tail cap and so to the body of the flashlight…
If u have a multimeter you should check if pass current thought the switch if not u should change it desoldering old 1…
that should fit maybe… http://www.dealextreme.com/p/clicky-switch-for-flashlights-17-8mm-5-pack-5602
as i said dont own the uf2100

MixoMaxo

I saw what you meant about the inner and outer ring. I put a tiny bit of foil (very tiny) on the outside ring and screwed it all tight.........

and there was light. Seems to work great.

Thanks for all of the explanation about the inner workings of the light or I might have just ended up tossing it. Really pleased with the light.

Thank you all for the help in getting my light working. I feel like less of a novice every day.

Sean

MixoMaxo

I saw what you meant about the inner and outer ring. I put a tiny bit of foil (very tiny) on the outside ring and screwed it all tight.........

and there was light. Seems to work great.

Thanks for all of the explanation about the inner workings of the light or I might have just ended up tossing it. Really pleased with the light.

Thank you all for the help in getting my light working. I feel like less of a novice every day.

Sean

Great job, Sean! One thing about budget lights is they often need a little coaxing to work properly and you stuck with it until you got it working when some people would just get disgusted and give up.

Happy to read that, fix/mod your flashlight is a step to became flashaholic take care xD

Just make sure the aluminum foil doesn't get loose in the battery tube where it could potentially short out the light. As long as it is secure in the tail, you should be okay.