UF-T20

Got my UF T-20 from Ultrafire-Shop.net today. Came fast, bubble wrapped, no box or accessories. Had it torn apart within 5 minutes of first turning it on. Here are my impressions...

Pros

Crazy small, much smaller than it's bigger brother the T-50. Exceptional machining. It just amazes me how well this thing is put together. Great tactile feedback on the switch compared to the T-50. More of a neutral white XM-L. It was very easy to disassemble as there is no pill inside the head like the T-50 - the head is all one piece, and the bezel was easy to unscrew.

Cons

Same horrible UI as the T-50. PWM is noticeable on low. (EDIT: PWM isn't as noticeable as a lot of budget lights, it's something I could certainly live with)

So I planned to mod this using the same program I wrote for the T-50, but I realized now that it has a 15mm driver :( However, a 15mm to 17mm brass ring would probably work to utilize a NANJG 105C. I might have to start looking around for this.

FYI, I just noticed I forgot to include the AA spacer in the picture. I plan to use this with a RCR123A, although I might use a 14500 just so this thing isn't so small I lose it :)

Looks really good! Btw, its usually possible to grind down the driver to 16mm and open up the brass ring to 16mm.. so that should work out with some patience.

Nice looking light that nearly knocks it out of the park.

i just ordered one, hope its worth the 24 bucks. :slight_smile:

I ended up machining out the head a bit and using an adapter ring to fit a 17mm 105c in there. Driving it a bit hard because it I nearly burned my hand after leaving this on high for 5 mins ;)

What cell do you use with the 105C driver ? RCR123 or 14500 ?

Can use either, but I normally use a RCR123.

I recieved my UF-T20.
Love the light ! it has alot of good features, ( hat-clippable, can use many different cells, AA, 14500, 123, RCR123, etc.) has magnet in base, variable dimming, and only draws 0.04 amps on the lowest setting so it will run for a week on a single AA alcaline, Side switch, large reflector, good tint, hidden strobe, removable extender for 123 cells, good build quality, etc.) my only gripe with it is the PWM on the lower settings.
I may try the capacitor-method i got to work on another light i tested this with to eliminate the PWM to see if it works on this one. ( as long as there is enough room in the head above the driver for a tiny Electrolyte, but its unlikely in this tiny compact light with a side switch.
I may do a mini-review test on this light soon.