Ultra Fire UF-980L Gets Foysected

I am looking to purchase this light and i am not sure whether to get protected or un protected batteries for it. I am new to the world of rechargeable batteries like these, so what batteries and charger do you guys recommend. Thanks I tried searching but was unable to find anything thanks. Also if you guys could point me in the right direction so that i could educated my self on a Lot of this stuff. Thanks again.
PS. I like is site much more than CPF.

welcome fightin14!

trustfire red/black flame 18650 cells is what I use and they're about the best budget cell you can buy..can get them at manafont or dealextreme..charger I would look into a ultrafire multi charger type..like this one

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-3-6-3-7v-battery-charger-1251

Welcome fightin14

I use the trustfire flame 18650 protected batteries also with this charger

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Multifunctional-Cylindrical-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0026NA9GE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1305764505&sr=8-6

Make sure you pick up a multimeter if you don't all ready have one, these batteries can be nasty if you make a mistake.

In general, protected cells are better for most people. Good protected cells have circuitry that prevents overcharging (which can cause a fire), over-discharging (which can kill the cell), and reverse charging (which can cause a fire). Something as trivial as putting an unprotected backwards in a cheap charger can cause a fire or explosion.

Protected cells cost more, but most people think it's worth it.

AW brand protected cells have a great reputation, but cost 2X or more what you pay for cheaper cells. Some say that they hold up to numerous discharge/recharge cycles better than cheaper cells. Many people are satisfied with the protected trustfire cells that have a black label with a full color flame picture on the cell. These are available from low cost sellers such as DX or Manafont.

The Hi-Max 2600 cells also seem to be well-reviewed, I have a pair and they are nice.

Some Trustfire cells are fake, buy from DX or GoingGear or Lighthound to make sure you get real ones.

Aloha and welcome to BLF Fightin14!