Ultrafire uf 980 vs. hd 2010? HELP ME DECIDE!

Thanks my friend, i think my index finger is finally getting the twitch I've been waiting for. Sounds like its one heck of a light!!

Shiningbeam has the new U2 version RC-T601 on sale for under $30. From the comparison reviews in CPF's budget section it apparently blows away the UF 980l so I would assume it beats the HD 2010 too.

Aside from my apparent goofy driver (so far I seem to be the only one) the HD2010 is a winner. I've disassembled it and I'm completely satisfied with the fit and finish. Assuming you get a properly functioning driver - and odds are you will - I wouldn't hesitate going with the HD2010 if you're deciding between these two. You'll be happy with this decision 8)

Having seen the RC-T601 (T6) and HD 2100 in person, no comparison, totally different lights. HD 2100 blows it away in throw. RC is a better all arounder with good throw.

if size isnt an issue go with hd2010. just got mine yesterday and fit n finish are very good. only one minor 2mm discoloration in anodizing and a couple fingerprints on the inside of the lens.(i have many lintfree microfibers and expensive tint-safe glass cleaners so it wasnt a problem at all) threads were great and o-rings seem OK but not ipx-8 seal.

imho id go for the xintd c8 or romisen t601 since they have similar performance in a much slimmer and few millimeter shorter package. the hd2010 is so large i dont see myself carrying it much even though it has a very tight hotspot and holds a beautiful 26650 which is nice. the head size is too large to comfortably fit most of my pants and coat pockets and i refuse to use lanyards or holsters. its a sweet light especially if u get it for the right price, just thought id mention its size. i was fully aware of the dimensions when i bought it but just got it for kicks. never really had an intention to carry it regularly. i was just surprised how bulky it felt in a light jacket pocket when i was testing it out.

HD2010 if you want throw, or plan on upgrading to 26650 cells. The HD2010 can be left on HI for longer periods without cooking the LED. The UF980 has some history of overheating its LED from long runs on its highest setting.

The 980 is smaller, lighter and has a more floody beam.

Two completely different designs, with different strengths. Pick the one that matches the kind of light you want.

The RC-T601 is also awesome and if you need smaller size then I would definitely recommend that as an alternative. However, if this light doesn't need to be packed around a lot then I'd still go with the HD2010. That is, if you're looking for throw. I'm all about single 26650 lights and this has to be one of the best for the money. I love admiring it sitting face down on the table.

Does the hd2010 take both 26650 and 18650 and if so why upgrade to the 26650's?

Yes, 26650s have higher capacity.

Higher capacity and some can deliver more current.

In my opinion, anything bigger than a C8 should be 26650 because you can always use an adapter to fit an 18650. That's another reason why my vote goes to the HD2010. But the 980L is still more in the C8 class so the comparison isn't quite direct. If you don't want the bigger reflector the HD2010 has then you can also consider one of the quality C8's over the 980L.

Higher capacity , so run times will be longer.

You will be running at a lower C value and most 26650 cells will pass a lot more current. So it's kind of a peace of mind thing not running the cell as close to its limits.

Thanks, always had 18650 lights (newbie) and am ready to move up to something a little beefier.