Unpopular Flashlight Opinion Thread

I hate warm lights. The lowest I can tolerate is Neutral White. But I still prefer colder ones. This is for a flashlight only, at home my LEDs are 2700-3000k.

I love a straight tube forward clicky that ALWAYS starts on turbo or whatever is the highest. The JetBeam BC20-GT is my favorite light in this regard.

I hate the flippy-flappy-rubbery thing that covers the charging port. I had to miss on some amazing flashlights, namely Thrunite, because of the damn flap. Again, the JetBeam BC20-GT’s charging port becomes accessible once you unscrew the head.

I love 14500 lights. So much power in such a little package. For me they are more impressive than the 18650 ones because of the size. I love the new-ish Klarus XT1A, I wish it was a bit smaller but still floats my boat. Direct access to turbo and low, plus a LED for battery indication - brilliant.

My favorite light design-only is the Sunwayman R10A. So clean and elegant. I wish they made a newer version of it with a modern LED, and also change the internals so it takes all 14500, it’s a bit pretentious this light.

I love the durability and LEGO-style of SolarForce. I took them diving, they’ve been dropped from 2m heights and whatnot. All of them work flawlessly with little to no visible signs of abuse.

And a very petty one - I wish Sofirn had a better name. It sounds really ugly in my language, so I have to order them in silver color just so the brand name is less visible.

Come live in Asia! You will have trouble finding any warm lights.
Asians love their cool white tubelights and compact fluorescent lamps, makes their skin nice white and looks/feels cold. Restaurants and living rooms look sometimes too much like an office space, too white and too bright.
Recently there is an abundance of LED garden~~, help~~ and emergency lights for sale in shopping centres and hardware stores, all of the cooler white light type. Yuck!

Agreed - more bright colours!

Don’t like today’s flashlights, they are way too many Lumens. Throw is wa-aay too far. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was that where someone started a near-flame war about the thermal properties of various coatings on lights? Wait, let me just... Yeah, looks like it is. I'm not re-reading it now, but as I recall by the time people showed that it wasn't a big deal, the thread/idea had mostly died anyway.

It's a shame. I want to powdercoat just about everything purple...

I don’t like 219BT-V1 sw45k R9050/R9080

[Clemence]

+1, seems to be a verry unpopular opinion around here.

If I remember correctly, it seems to me that clemence doesn’t like much rosy tint.
I’m fine with it but depending on application I generally prefer “on BBL” lights and high CRI with as less chroma and hue shifts as possible.

I like below bbl, but Sw45k is just almost purple, does not feel right. And also to cool for me btw.

If an emitter will be very rosy Id much rather have it 3500k or below too. Blends very well with the yellow/orange hue to make a nice, relaxing tint that doesn’t strain the eyes.

Any strong green or magenta shift is more noticable at 4000-5500K than anywhere else IMO, because that’s closest to what we normally perceive as “pure white”.