Upcoming Olight S2R Baton II

Again, that’s exactly correct. The average flashlight buyer wants, white and bright and could care less about tints and that’s the majority of buyers. We flashaholics that care about such things really are in the minority and manufacturers are always going to come out with CW in their first offerings.

On the other hand, flashaholics are the reason that some manufacturers will initially come out offering NW with WW, high CRI whatever tint later on.

Honestly I wouldn’t care that much if only Olight used some 3535 emitters behind their optics…
I mean, from the beginning of TIR in Olight product you can’t use any 3535 emitter behind them…
I’ve tried XP-L HDI/HI, Nichia 219B/C, XP-G2… nothing produces a clean beam with their optics. And when I say “not clean”, I mean “not usable at all”… artifacts, dark patches and weird shape each time :frowning:
The only solution is to swap the stock TIR with a Yajiamei flood optic (with the honeycomb.pebble surface) to blend the beam. But you don’t have any throw anymore.
My “indoor” S1R got a 219C 3000K for bedside use/checking my son at night, but it’s all flood with not hotspot. Not mule-ish but not really usable outdoor.
But if you’re not after high CRI, you can choose any XM-L2 with your favorite tint and reflow it on the stock MCPCB… when you’re able to open it :person_facepalming:
I don’t know if I would risk it if I had to pay for them. But since they’re free review samples, well I’m kind enough to make a video when I succeed (and some nasty pics when I fail : see the S1-mini opening :confounded: )

lamps like this should be offered in NW emitters imo… they use way too much cool white only lights, on some lights its okay, but on some maybe not…