Updated: For sale custom P-60 Drop-ins XML, XPG, XRE and others available.

I could make one, but it would dim out dramatically as the batteries die down. I believe Solarforce makes a low voltage drop in that will do just that for much less money than I could make one. I wish I could source these low voltage drivers.

http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-LC-1-Cree-R2-Drop-In-for-L2R-AA-Single-Mode-08V-42V_p_3471.html

...' I wish I could source these low voltage drivers.'...

Yeah I know about those and the Deereelight dropins but I figured maybe ...

Thanks , man

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I received a drop in yesterday afternoon and had a little while to play last night. Very very impressed with the "fit and finish" on these. Sorry no runtimes or beamshots. If you are on the fence about getting one (or more), don't be. They are worth the cost and definitely compare favorably to other handmade dropins I have gotten on CPF.

Thanks for the great review man. It makes me so happy when people like these drop ins because I really enjoy making them.

Thanks Again,

E

Have you thought about making some neutral XML's?

I would love to if I could source them. I make the 1Ds when they are available and the 3D XPGs. Link me to some that are not ridiculously expensive and I will buy them and put them together.

My personal favorite tint for the T6 is the 1D and for the XPG is the 3D. I would love to find a 3D T6.

I will make you a custom drop in if you want to send me a specific emitter also.

I was pondering getting a couple in the group buy going on over at CPFMP. Looks like they would run about $12ea for a couple.

Do you have access to copper pills? I was looking at the cutter web site for XM-L U2 or U3 that’s crazy bright and I’m pondering pushing one at 3 amps on high in a copper host.

Can you post a link ti the thread over at CPF and I will buy a couple to try out. Is there any specific tint you would be interested in?

I don't but if you find one and send me the link I would be glad to make one for you.

I have not seen any U3s for sale yet, so you are saying Cutter has them. I will have to look and see that is something I would like to try out.

I have made plenty of 3.5 amp T6 drop ins in standard brass pills and as long as you are conscious of the heat limit they work fine.

Sure,

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?254863-Cutter-group-buy.-XM-L-XP-G-XR-E-and-more.-Now-taking-payments

My preference is 5B (I think 5A is all that available in XML). I have also thought about a high CRI one. I know several are prefering the cooler neutral tints (3s and 4s).

Just throwing out ideas since you seem to be getting pretty good at this ;)

I like that! 3.5a - but I don’t want to respect the heat so much. Hence all the copper. I’ll get back to you- I’ve got a couple of leads on copper pills.

scottyhazzard

Here is a quote from oldbobk. I made him a 10 chip 3.5 amp 1D tint XML drop in it tested 25% brighter than the famous direct drive manafont drop in. Now imagine that with a 1A tint U2 and you would have some serious light.

and i plan to order one from you soon!

Send me a PM when you are ready and I will make you one.

I have 1A tint XMLs and 3D tint XPGs, but I am out of 1D tint XMLs right now. I am not sure when the 1Ds are coming back, they have been out of stock for a couple weeks now, but I do have some 1C tint U2 XMLs coming soon.

Would it be possible to do a 5 mode,3.5,2.8,1.5,.5 then a low,low moon mode?

That is my goal. I have the programming setup, but I am only able to read and erase the chips. I am having trouble writing to the chips now. When I get some time to figure this out I will offer custom modes and the 5 mode is the one I want also.

and i will be pmailing soon. clearly your drop-ins rock, and as of now i don't see a reason to look elsewhere.

which will be brighter, the 1A T6 or the 1C U2?

It is hard to say the 1A T6 is brighter than the 1D T6. I haven't built a U2 yet so I don't know yet. The latest batch of 1A T6 emitters I got are the brightest ones I have ever seen so I would recommend one of those.

What's a 10 chip?