US only, BACK ON UNTIL 31 May!!! $16 threaded pill model Thorfire C8s 3A driver Amazon ONE time use coupon.

No thorfire C8 on Amazon.ca. There are some thorfire lights, but no C8.

THIS is all I found for amazon.ca I will PM the rep and see what the deal is, more than likely will not hear anything until tomorrow.

I will put US only in the headline for now…

Sorry to get your hopes up Ouchyfoot!

I know the integrated shelf seems to be the better design for heat dissipation, but with a 3A driver, come on, I see no benefit. I wish they had maintained the original design. I’m sure it’s an extra manufacturing cost to produce a pill, but it’s seems quite a jump in price to remove the pill, and add a few changes to the tailcap, on the new model (which I do, like). It sounds like everything else is the same. I have already bought 4 of these, and should probably buy another (or 2) just because, they make great gifts. These were regularly $14 to $15 on Amazon (through Slickdeals), and that was a steal. $16 is still a great price. I’ve really been a Fanboy of Thorfire, but I’m starting to see the typical changes, that seem to happen with Chinese manufacturing, and I’m not to thrilled about it.
If you don’t mind, I would like the code for this ReManG

Thanks

Seeing how the only real difference being the tail cap (I think I’d like the new style better) I couldn’t rationalize the $10.00 difference for a universally praised classic even if considered the “old” version. Maybe they’ll sell just the tail caps some day………
The UI sounds fantastic compared to the old 3/5 and the finish looks great.
Thanks to ReManG I’ve got my first C8 in the pipeline.

I’d like that code. :smiley: Gotta see if my copper C8 pill will fit this version. I think it will.

ReManG, do you know if Thorfire are also discontinuing the normal 3/5 C8 with removable pill?

Edit- It appears it has already been discontinued. The link from the one I purchased now redirects to the C8s in this thread.

Hi there ReManG! I would sure like to get that code, like everyone else says, you cannot have too many c8’s.

I would like to get another of these. Please send ordering information. Thanks ReManG!

After some debate, I want in. I got the upgrade version and popped in an xpl-hi. Massively brighter hotspot than my convoy.

I have a mtn moonlight special @ 4a that is begging for a host.

Just ordered the light. Will be interested if your copper pill fits.

Please post the results (before April 30th). :slight_smile:

Thanks

Will do.

If I am not mistaken, the integrated pill was basically made for BLF members, for use to have better heat dissipation for hot rodding this light. At least that is what I remember from communications from Thorfire. At least, our input had some affect on the outcome of a shelf. A threaded pill is easier for some, but a lot less effective in heat dissipation, especially an aluminum pill. If it were Copper, then it would be better, but still not as effective for modding.

Just my opinion.

In the context of mass production, the integrated shelf is cheaper to make and offers better heat transfer than the cheesy stock pills, for sure. I think a copper pill if done right with smooth tight tolerance threads and a shouldered rim offers a lot of surface contact with the head, possibly more than the surface of the 20mm star itself. In that case, the difference with a pill should be marginal or even an improvement. In the future for those that prefer a pill there is always the XinTD C8 v5.

Reman, I would like the code too, please. Thanks.

I’d like to obtain the code. Thx

Thx ReManG. Placed order, wish Amazon would hurry up! Guaranteed 2 day shipping!

ReManG,

I’d like the code also.

Thanks,
Mike

I would like the code please, C8’s are my go to all purpose lights

Received my $16.00 C8s via this GB.
I now know why the C8 flashlight family is so well regarded.
Thorfire has put out a light that is solidly put together, has good features and is nicely finished with that splendid black
matte finish that’s attractive in an understated way.
Can’t compete with my stock Kronos X6 v2 when it comes to lumens/throw but I expect this is the light I’l be reaching
most times when I head out for my nightly stroll. Balances better in the hand than the X6 and is a pleasure to carry.
A terrific light for $16.00. You could do worse for twice that.
Thank you ReManG.