USED- Laptop packs -USED

Have sent out close to 500 packs. Either giveaways, trades, or sales. Have about the same left over. If you want some let me know.

Sent some to 18sixfifty if you want to purchase cherry picked cells, For sale Sanyo blue tops 18650's SOLD

These have been starting to move faster. I hope to have them all gone within a month or two.

No more packs are coming in from my supplier. When these are gone that will be then end.

Less than 400, and if this next order goes through then its well under 300 packs left.

I don’t suppose you are willing to send to New Zealand / International?

If 21 fit into the medium flat rate box (online calc shows shipping is $61.75 to NZ) it still works out less then $1 per cell for me and anyone else local(ish) to me who wants some. Only issue is weather USPS allow batteries in those quantities to be shipped, why oh why does USPS no longer offer international surface mail?

I hate to say it but I am not sure about shipping them international. Let me ask a few members and find out how they do it.

Bump for out of town bone skull collecting.

As some of you know, I have been pulling and selling some of these Sanyo 9 packs from hagg911. My results have been pretty consistent with what is being reported. Great cells, discharging from 4volts I’m getting right at 2,000 mAh. As high as 2,300 from fully charged. I consider the 2,000mAh to be actual useable mAh. That would be from resting cells that have sat for a while and the range that lights actually use the most of. That is very good results. They have low internal resistance from what I have seen and work great. I don’t think there is a better buy per mAh anywhere to be found. Not that I know of anyway.

When pulling them apart I use a large pair of pliers and crunch the lip creating a seam and just rip the top right off of it with my hands (wearing gloves of course). Then I pull the batteries completely out of the packs. This tears the batteries away for the side and disconnect those side wires. Then I take needle nose pliers and rip the aluminum bands off one at a time. I have in fact shorted them quite a few times so maybe this isn’t the best way to do them but it’s working for me. I have melted quite a few wrappers but I’m just keeping those and plan on re-wrapping them later.

Of the 41 packs that I have pulled most were setting around 4 volts give or take a little. (this is why I tested from 4volts). Four packs out of the 41 (10) were packs that I considered to be too low to sell. The batteries in these packs were well under 4 volts and each individual battery was testing differently. from 3volts up to 3.7. In the Good packs each battery in the pack was testing exactly the same. Telling me they were charging and discharging equally. (That’s a good thing) For only a 10 loss rate this is really fantastic. I would say that these packs were NOT worked hard at all and have a lot of life left in them. Much much better than random packs you are going to get from a recycle bin for sure.

If you don’t mine the work of pulling and testing and the occasional spark here and there this is the best buy you will find in batteries anywhere that I know of and I buy and sell a lot of batteries.

Thanks for the treasure trove!

Anyone in Seattle thinking about picking some of these up?

I’m interested in a few for my experiments and would be interested in splitting shipping.

Just wanted to report on the last batch that I got in. This time I picked up another 21 packs. Of them only one pack was not holding a charge. Less than 5% fail is amazing for these kind of packs. Once again I would say that these were not used to the point of failure at all. Obviously they were pulled from computers that had been replaced. The batteries would not have needed replacing because all but one of them were still good with each battery holding an even charge. If I had to guess these came from a large business or School that replaced their laptops with newer models because there is no way these packs would have needed replacing, they would have been running the laptops with no problem at all.

Thanks again for the packs.

18sixfifty- glad you like them, again sorry about the delay in shipping. Students are a fickle bunch. I have 4 more boxes set aside for you.

The stocks of these are running low. I will do some digging and see if I can not find some more boxes that they forgot to send me.

Bump for the cheap packs!

Where will you meet in WV? My father in law lives there and will be coming up again soon for the holiday’s. Might see if you can drop off some to him. PM me if you dont want to post it.

thx

PM Sent

Removing the group buy post, getting low on batteries.

Good to see you move em like you wanted…glad you were able to help the community too, good job

Honestly if not for you I would have most likely just thrown them out. Thanks for the support early on.

I got a bunch of these packs and used my PackProbe tool to dump info from the onboard battery management chips. I’ve written up some observations on the compiled data. A few highlights that I thought would be of particular interest.

I looked at data from 34 packs. Some of them were damaged in shipping and I had to monkey around with them a bit to get data out.

• Most of the packs were manufactured on the 22nd and 23rd of October, 2009. Two on the 27th October, and three on the 8th of September.
  • The average charge/discharge cycle count for the packs was ~88.

The distribution of cycle counts:

The study also reinforced my doubts on the utility of relying heavily on initial cell voltage as criteria for screening cells from laptop pulls.

Coming out of this, I’m going to have more cells than I know what to do with, but part of me wants to pick up another shipment before they run out, as I think my data adds more evidence to the belief that these things are a steal!

Glad you are happy. If you want more let me know soon. My office is almost clear of battery boxes.

I have one order that is still a maybe and I am going to hold onto a few boxes in case 18sixfifty wants more. Barring them backing out all but the 6 cell packs are spoken for. I hope to get more from the same supplier and if I do I will post a new sale thread. For anyone that bought them thanks and I hope they work out well for you.