Varying resistance readings

FYI, I just checked IR with my C4-12 for a few protected cells…

NCR18650GA: 89
NCR18650B #1: 211
NCR18650B #2: 160

But again, the MiBoxer’s IR readings lack consistency, so take it for what it’s worth.

How does it measure capacity? It would have to do a full charge and then discharge to properly measure capacity.

IIRC, it checks cell dimension (length) based on how far the bay slider is extended. Shorter cells get a lower charge rate. Longer cells get a higher charge rate.

The sc4 page says it does it by capacity,but I know some chargers do measure slider length to select current.I don’t know which it uses.
Proper capacity is measured by discharge.
The Miboxer knows start IR,time(0 secs),start voltage and rough cell temp.I’m pretty sure it chooses start current by IR from testing 8 new 3Ah 30q’s yesterday . By seeing the start current,I could estimate what IR would be before it appeared on screen.If cell temp started rising too fast,I,m sure it would reduce current.The Ah in reading is probably just amps x time,but state of charge % may use initial voltage as a one fits all measure but maybe voltage rise over time as well after that.In HKJ,s review charge graphs show spikes for further internal resistance checks .Some of the spikes correspond to current bumps and there are no current bumps without that IR check.

[quote=pennzy]

A multimeter cannot measure resistance on a circuit with voltage, it must supply its own voltage. This makes it impossible to measure a battery.

Thanks for that HKJ. Any idea why my C2-6000 would choose to only charge my new protected 18650ga and b at only .2 amp to start and only increase slightly (.3 A) through out charge period ? Shouldn’t it have increased to 1 amp at some point ? It was taking all day at that rate so I bumped it up manually.

May be the connection, when this happens try removing the battery and put it in again.

I think it is some quirk with the charger since it did it with 3 different cells . Inserted multiple times . After first full charge , they start out at higher rates . Something about new cells that have been shipped in a low power state (26%).