Waiting for the day when someone figures it out :)

Supermarket in China...i think???

All of the ....Fires, they are what they are and I don't really mind it. They are a decent enough light and cheap. Where I can't pull the trigger and agree with the OP is a brand like Sunwayman. It's a premium light at a premium price but Sunwayman? It's like throwing a turd on a diamond.

I don't have a problem with companies that "copy" a style of a product, for example watch companies use Rolex design features, but as long as it is a homage only, and does not steal a company logo, or a valid patent I am ok with that also....

I agree with with you on clicky modes... I think if even one Chinese flashlight maker did a customer focus group they would sell a High-medium low-lights only, with a mode memory. Also if they asked the consumer about assault crowns those would be gone also. I think a pencil would be a better self defense item than a AA strobe flashlight with a pocket shredder crown.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I am sure it sounded good to them, but every time I hear Sunwayman, I have a hard time looking at their product objectively. To me, it just sounds like some sort of plastic toy you might give your toddler. I can get over the various this-and-that-*fires, hell, even Fandyfire, if the light is good but if I am paying serious money, I want a serious product.

I’m glad we have cheap options so we can experiment, mod, or test out a certain type of light but when I look around at my cheaper lights there aren’t all I really like.

It’s amazing that someone could manage to screw up most every offering. We get used to some of it but between strobe, funny looking bezels, tail caps, and body fins, annoying UI and totally unoriginal design, no product testing or QC I understand those who do eventually consider most of these products just a bunch of junk.

The lights I use most other than perhaps one mode models are not the lights I purchased from DX and the other similar dealers.