Want to ask a question to an official Eneloop technician?

Very important question, my "friend" wants to know too lol

For robots that look like Japanese girls Eneloops will work great. I don’t see why not.

I’m pretty sure they’d prefer their input much more than the other type that constantly swell up, leak, and then goops up their circuitry if they could be honest about it.

Well… those robots kind of have to be waterproof anyway.

Well, let me get this straight guys..... you want Japanese robot women who are waterproof, that can use eneloops?

I'm trying to rephrase those questions into 1.. please help: Can eneloops power the Japanese robots of Walkintothelight and klrman's friends, that are waterproof and look like women?

That might go a little off topic... Boaz didnt ask anything about Robots!

On topic: any more eneloop related questions?

Well this question is nye impossible to answer I’m sure but imagine if you can a flexible Eneloop. Like a ribbon, cylinder, roll of tape, sheet, whatever initial shape it came in, that you could bend and configure within limits to your specific application. We could have batts wrapped around emitter pills for colder climates for example.

Tech is prolly out there already somewhere and it’s likely NASA expensive. Butt hey if we’re gonna talk way out there about Eneloops and Japanese robot girls. :open_mouth:

PS. IMO waterproof vs corrosion resistant are two different deals. I also think the kind of robot girls they’re talking about prolly have to be highly friction and abrasive resistant too I would bet. Lot’s of abuse. On the battery side Eneloops I’m quite certain can meet the challenges involved in this kind of high drain environment.

Well looky here I just googed this………

https://www.brightvolt.com/bright-volt-batteries/

Heck if their parent company can do it with more hazardous lithies then NiMH should be a snap. :+1: :person_facepalming: We don’t necessarily need real thin either for our BLF apps.

https://news.panasonic.com/global/press/data/2016/09/en160929-8/en160929-8.html

:student: :open_mouth:

BTW, I think Boaz has helped us cover certainly the FULL GAMUT of Eneloop potential questions here. And then some.

They say not to use in airtight devices but we all do. What’s the worst that can happen? That has happened? And the stuff about Japanese robot girls.

Ask why they are so hard to find on the shelf of stores in u.s. Also Japanese girl robots.

My question for that technician:

Is Sanyo/Panasonic going to make more good USB PowerBanks powered with 2x or 4x AA eneloops? With a 1A current output or more. And rechargeable with USB of course (USB in and out)

Thanks

Do we know the technician is a guy?

One of my daughter’s friends got her degree in Chemical Engineering, and when we attended the event, 15 or so years ago, there were more than a few young women getting the same degree - including Asians. Couldn’t they do that in Japan as well?

Why does Panasonic not remove the dumb “basic” chargers from the market and sell only smart chargers?
The only reason I can think of, why they would continue to sell chargers that do not individually sample each cell’s charge, is that sooner or later the cells become damaged by overcharge and need to be prematurely replaced.

On the other hand, if there was ever a product that needed a tiny bit of planned obsolescence, it’s these batteries. I have six Panasonic HHR-3UP that I believe I got at a radio shack previous to the year 2000. In 2016 I discharge tested all six at 0.1 amp, and averaged 1540 mah on batteries marked 1600 mah. That’s pretty close to zero performance loss at sixteen years. …But I knew from the very beginning never to use dumb chargers. I won’t even use fast chargers, or put them in a device that pulls too much amperage. These cells have definitely been babied.

For me, Panasonic continuing to sell dumb chargers is the only black mark on an otherwise platinum reputation. They have done more to remove toxic batteries from the waste stream than any other company, leading by light years, but if they truly cared about the environment they would remove this easy opportunity for dumb consumers to kill their own batteries.

s. I have come to peace with the decision to move some production to China. It was inevitable.

Yes, I think your rephrasing is correct lol.

Seriously though, thanks for starting this thread and giving us a chance to get some eneloop questions answered

@ arrow55: wrote them down..

@ fox: wrote it down

@ x8353: don't know, just guessing :)

@ delusional: like your way of thought.. sharp question.. wrote it down

@klrman: my pleasure

I have about 40 questions now.. But don't think I will be able to askt hem all :D

That’s okay, just start with the Japanese girls/robots, and go from there.

@ChibiM: Will they release new special or limited eddition for 2018?
Thanks

Had another question. I have two Panasonic BQ-CC17 chargers that I used for eneloops. They terminate the batteries at around 1.465V. I noticed SkyRC default termiates at 1.65V. Which one makes more sense?

They already did. :)

From ChibiM's website:

Depends on the charging rate. Good NiMH chargers do not terminate based on voltage level, but rather via the DeltaV or DeltaT methods, which look for a voltage drop or temperature rise, respectively, to determine when the fully charged state is reached.

https://eneloop101.com/charge/

When do you take your voltage readings? You need to give the batteries a few hours or a day to reach their resting voltage level, check the voltages again then.

I have three of the BQ-CC17 chargers. They normally terminate at voltage levels between 1.50v and 1.55v. It does depend on when the charger sees the delta-V drop, but it’s usually in that range. Very quickly, however, the cells will fall to about 1.45v, then about 1.40v by the next day.

So, I suspect that he’s measuring the voltage a few minutes after termination in the BQ-CC17 case. But even if not, 1.465v is almost full.

I think the SkyRC may be over-charging those Eneloops, if it’s not terminating until 1.65v. That sounds too high, from what I’ve experienced with a variety of smart chargers.

Maybe ask the Eneloop tech what is the max voltage cells should be charged to, if delta-V isn’t used or is missed.