Wanted: Fake eneloops

i have some from amazon
what they did was to lose the ‘low self discharge’ property after about a year
can;t remember the brand but they are orange and green
they were ok at first
eneloops might do this too after a while, i don;t know

wle

they were once common.
all over ebay/fakebay and the chinese resellers.
i had some that looked real but up close they were not an fdk product.they were crap and got recycled.
if i still had them i would send them your way for the museum.
post your want on cpf.there were plenty of folks stung by these there.

Ok, maybe I'm still not very clear :) but I'm looking for white eneloops with the eneloop branded wrappers but on the inside some gunk. I have never seen orange green eneloops ;)

I might have to go that route. But I’m really interested in 4th gen, as I haven’t come across them as of yet. Ive seen some threads on a Thai forum, but no real details except of the package missing a production date. That is still not very valid to me without seeing and testing the actual batteries.

I found a fake Eneloop today.
Well, I think it’s fake, but I can’t say for sure because I don’t have a way to test it.

:smiley: :partying_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that one is fake… But I’m not 100% sure. Where did you buy it? And what is the capacity? If its less than 10000mAh its definitely fake. But hard to tell from the picture.

Whahahahhahaha. That was very funny :smiley:

i didn;t say they were fake
they were/are “FlePow” brand low self discharge,
which were pretty good for a year or so, now they are not really low self discharge but they still work
amazon had them
which is better than most chinese shipping

Got it, but I’m really only after fake eneloops. Not other brands :slight_smile:

I’m looking for some extra holes for a few of my socks ,
hard to find…But I’m guessing shipping would be cheap .

Well Boaz. Believe it or not, I can swap some of my holes in my socks with you. Just send me a PM with your address.

Nobody has some?

never had fake eneloops, but there are few threads on cpf, about it, also does not help that manufacturing process changes, and 2 real eneloops may have small differences. also they may not be all made at 1 factory, so you can only tell 100% if you cycle them few times.

If you didn’t want any they’d be everywhere.

lol.

Now when I`m actually searching for them, they are hard to find.
I have no luck at CPF either.

Even 1st or 2nd gen fakes are welcome. Anybody?

Hey, I might be able to help you.
I recently bought four new eneloop pro AAA batteries on ebay, from a highly rated vendor (48995 transactions with 99.6% positive feedback).
I have today tested them (brand new) using a SKYRC MC3000 and the results are suspicious.
The batteries came out of the blister pack at around 1.3V; I topped them up at .4A to a full-charge (1.45V) and then discharged them at .2A down to 0.95V . I noticed during this process that they exhibited non-uniform characteristics that I wouldn’t expect from a quality brand – Their internal resistances ranged from 58 - 83mOhms and their eventual capacities varied around an average of about 600mAh (vs expected capacity of 900mAh).
It’s only after these results that I found this thread and your website.
The blister pack has a hologram seal which appears authentic. I haven’t got an original package to compare, but now that I’m suspicious I’ve minutely examined all the packaging and the only thing that appears questionable to me is the date stamp on the batteries – this appears to have been stamped rather than embossed. The packaging is VERY impressive.

Interesting. I will send you a PM!

Also, if you want, please take some pictures and show them here. That could help!

ChibiM,

I have some pictures but I don't know how to post them. I need advice on this.

I am taking the liberty to post some of your PM to me because it is a very nice PM and it has some specific questions which may be interesting to other readers.

You said “ 600mAh is kinda strange. Do you remember at what voltage them came out of the package.. you said 1.3V, but was that the same for all 4? And what is the resting voltage for all 4? And were they all at 600mAh after the discharge? You could possibly check it out 1 more time.”

Now I will carefully answer your questions:

1. Were the readings the same for all 4? No. The 600mAh and the 1.3V were my pretty loose approximations because at the time I was not expecting, nor looking for, problems. Reflecting on it some more, I think three may have started around 1.2V and one was REALLY low (say 1.1V) but within seconds of starting the charge they all came up to around 1.3V, so I used that figure. In hindsight I realise I should have taken more notice of the resting voltage. They surprised me by being so variable in voltage and internal resistance. They further surprised me when they came up with significantly less capacity than expected.
  2. What is the resting voltage for all 4? Resting voltage today is 1.4V. This was after resting them overnight from one full cycle (yesterday) that ended with a full manual charge to 1.45V. Today I again discharged them using the MC3000. Readings after 2hrs [discharge 400mAh] were 1.23V, 1.25V, 1.25V, 1.26V - these were much more uniform readings than yesterday and I was beginning to think it may all have been just a refresh issue, but shortly after this things went pear-shaped (see 3. below)
  3. And were they all at 600mAh after the discharge? No. There was significant variance (I didn’t record the numbers yesterday but I estimated an average of 600mAh each). Today, after 2.5 hours of discharge (500mAh), one of the batteries terminated at 0.95V. The others continued for approx. another 50mins averaging about 670mAh each. Unfortunately the final numbers were again an estimate because I tried to reseat one of the batteries and in doing so I dislodged the others, thereby resetting the readings.

In Summary, all four batteries still appear to be poor performers, and one seems especially inferior. Following today's discharge I recharged them to 1.47V - which is the minimum setting on the MC3000. They respectively took 761mAh, 743mAh, 734mAh, 688mAh.

I will again let them rest overnight and repeat the cycle tomorrow to see if things improve.

I will be happy to post pictures if someone gives me instructions.

I think the original capacity was 1000 sheets/roll now depleted to Zero.

Well it`s really great news that fake Eneloops are virtually impossible to find for buyers, Unless you need some fake to test i suppose.

John.

Just a very short answer about adding pics.