Wedding rings and flashlights - what do you do to prevent damaging your lights?

I have a tungsten carbide ring, and also got a silicone ring at some point. Once I realized that the ring was likely going to scratch my lights, I switched to the silicone ring all the time.

Best solution: Be left-handed.

Just saying, despite being left-handed, I’m not married[, Ladies :smiley: ].

buy enough torches….get divorced! problem solved!
saying that i wear a white gold wedding band ring, it gets in the way, its stratches my torches a bit

price you pay for getting married

id rather not have a finger then not wear my ring!

ive only ever taken it off to clean it! very rarely!

I switched to a silicone ring years ago cause I got tired of loosing micrograms of gold scratching it off my ring. Whoever decided to use gold for jewelry was obviously a white collar person.

3rd vote for silicone. My gold ring needs to be resized but I don’t know that it will. It left quite a mark after more than 26 years and the silicone is very comfy, safe and cheap to replace.

I’ll keep the bride and the lights…

I wonder if some of this varies by locale. Over here we wear our wedding ring on the left hand traditionally. And since most people are right handed, it’s less of an issue. But I could see in areas where wedding rings are worn on the right hand (predominantly Europe?) it being a bigger issue.

But ugh, my wife and her ring (and bands). She’s a lefty and scratches everything with those rocks. Vehicles around the handles, kitchen cabinets, etc. Compared to flashlights… ouch.

It’s more Eastern Europe that wear them on the right

Uk wears them on the left
Finland and Scandinavia and Nordic wear the left
Russia on the right

I don’t worry about it really. My lights are meant to be used and I assume they’ll get scratched/nicked whatever. Also, I just have never noticed gripping a light so tightly with my left hand that my ring is an issue.

Side note. Glad people brought up silicone rings as I looked at those for weight training.

Gotcha. I remember honeymooning in Poland and feeling very out of place with our rings on the “wrong” hands. Granted with the rings being so new we were over sensitive about it.

Tangent… Adding to the list of bad activities for wearing a ring: metal work, including welding. Getting weld berries on your ring is not recommended.

Get a non anodized flashlight.

I never wear my ring, I find it annoying

My ring shows more signs of wear than any lights I have. I don’t worry about either.

getting splatters anywhere is not recomended, shoes are also bad for weld splatters! had that once, it hurts!

Once I get one scratch or dent then I really enjoy the light fully/share it with my GF.

I married last year and so far that ring is less anyoing than I thought it would be. Key is to know when not to wear it I guess.

I leave the ring with my keys and watch at the front door, so no ring at home at all, only when going outstide.

And for the outside it is pretty much the same as with my watch. If I’m about to work with my hands I’m wearing neither for my own comfort (sports) and saftey (powertools etc) and not to damags anything (cleaning the car).

So I guess the best solution for the problem is to not wear a ring when handling collectables (or using a clove, which may or may not lead to you not having a ring to worry about anymore).

Just keep track of where you put it!

i don;t have that expensive kind of light that i would care

i have a $10 copper light, that got dull and scratched the first 5 minutes
i still use it :slight_smile:

wle

Replace the ring with a tattoo? … and in case you get divorced you’ll cover it with a ring? :person_facepalming:

Get rid of the ring/wife and buy more flashlights. :+1: Problem solved.