Well, I finally did it. Thanks BLF.

MF02 is on my short list of long range lights, 1000m plus. Hope they row that boat faster for you. Nothing worse than having to wait 2 to 4 weeks for a light. I check the mailbox like 10 times a day thinking I have more than one mailman or something.

I suggest when you guys get the MF02 you take off the lens and bezel to burn them in. Especially a budget light.
The first time you chance not doing a burn in, you’ll find you smoked the lens and reflector. Then what. :person_facepalming:
Friendly warning :+1:

I still have not burned in my MF02 because I can’t get the bezel off without potential damage.

ARsee, how long and at what mode to do a burn in on the MF02? Never did that to any of my other lights before and never had a smoked lens or reflector either.

Turbo until it stops smoking.
The funny thing, no matter how dust free the area is, when you have the lens off, every spec of dust in the area heads for the that lit up LED!!
Note- Before removing the bezel, lens and reflector, place a dust free cloth down and unscrew the bezel so all three (+maybe centering ring) come out in as much of a group as possible.
So any fragments broken loose inside, fall away from the LED. Try to keep everything as dust free as possible is always best.

Thanks ARsee Is this just unique to the MF02? Never seen any of my other lights smoke, ever.

Any budget light, I burn them in. If their they’re high dollar (major names) I don’t worry about it. If an expensive light gets smoked, it’s going back to the retailer.
You will know if the lens gets smoked by the blue tinge on the lens and reflector :wink:

I see. Do they smoke soon during burn in, or does it take like 10 minutes?

Usually the most burns off pretty quick. You’ll see it. Leave the light on to get it good and HOT until the smoke clears.
Imagine blowing out a lit candle when the smoke comes from the wick.

C8F, A6 and Q8 on the way… Waow, you are starting with the best budget lights! I wish i went that way too - rather then buying cheap lights for a couple years before joining BLF and getting into more serious stuff. :+1:

LOL, Oh don’t get me wrong I have my fair share of WalMart and not so informed buys off Amazon. I try to look at the positive in those over claimed spec lights and realize they may still serve a purpose around the house for the kids and wife. For instance I bought a $20 26650 light that is rechargeable and a power bank. It isn’t really great as far as lights go but it does work albeit at about half the claimed lumens, and it will keep the kids phones charged and if they take it outside the house and lose it or break it, I won’t miss it or cry about it.

I am getting bit by this long range crazy lumen bug now. Doing lots of research on those type lights. The price seems to go up faster with long range/high lumen/quality.

I’m having fun though and the wife knows if she can’t find me at night i’ll be out in the woods or back yard with a pocket full of flashlights.

2 to 4 weeks, consider yourself lucky. I did an average calculation on my tracking spreadsheet, it was just under 80 days, 34 the shortest, 155 the longest.

My interest in flashlights never really sparked until joining here. Then come researching, which would be my first pocket-able thrower.

The lights that peeked my interest, I slowly picked off my list in the order seen here.
Klarus XT12GT
Convoy C8
Lumintop TD16
Klarus XT1C (I like the tail cap controls so I bought another Klarus light)
Nitecore MH25GT
Lumintop TD16 XP-L Hi
Armytek Pred Pro v3
OdePro TM30 /free

Then the bigger players become of interest.
EagleTac M25C2
MaxToch M24 Sniper U3
Maxtoch 2x Shooter U4

My quest for throw continued……
And still continues to a degree

Convoy L2 is a more serious thrower than the C8, and is ridiculously good value for money with some coupons, Just got mine for $22 or thereabouts. L6 is on my list, not a dedicated thrower but it seems to be regarded as one of the best all rounders with a good throw. Both L2 and L6 can take 2x26650 and have great heat dissipation, so are serious workhorses.

ok just noticed you said pockeable, not so much!

The convoy l2 with the one 26650 tube is fairly compact. The xpl hi version is a nice midrange thrower that is not too big but is priced extremely cheap for what you get. Very tough to mess it up and with coupon codes the price is set to where the value ratio is really hard to beat. That being said, I am a huge fan of convoy flashlights so I may be biased.