Well I Just Ordered An Elektro Lumens ST90 Search&Rescue Extreme Flashlight

Wayne tells me its for sure going out in the morning. He said he has been very busy with other lights. So I understand that. Thanks Wayne.

I ordered an ST90 at around the same time. Got the tracking number on the 10th and still no update. I wouldn’t worry too much. This is my second ST90 that I’ve ordered from Wayne (I love the first one so much that I couldn’t pass up on a second one at the sale price! :heart_eyes: ), and while it may take a bit longer than ordering lights from other places, this ones well worth the wait in my humble opinion :bigsmile:

That’s great to hear. Yea the wait is killing me.

Yeah, I hate waiting :frowning: Waiting the first time was the worst though because I’d never dealt with Wayne before. Now I know what to expect, haha

When you get your ST90 be careful with really fat 18650’s. For one thing, some are so big around that you can’t get all four of them in the tube. The second thing is that the metal tail piece with the springs has some sharp edges that can scrape up or tear the pvc wrapper on the batteries. I find over tightening the tail cap exacerbates the problem. It’s best to put them in, turn on one of the switches and tighten the cap until the light turns on. If your batteries do scrape, pick up some 18650 pvc shrink wrap off of ebay for like $12 and re-shrink them. I find that the eagle-tac 3100mah 18650’s fit really well.

I thought I’d post a few beauty shots of my original ST90 for those interested:

Just to be clear, I purchased my black, 25 ft roll of 18650 shrink wrap off of ebay for $10.90. That will re-wrap a ton of batteries…. :wink:

Thanks for the great pics!

I was worried maybe Wayne printed my label and then got eaten by an Oregon bear on the way to the P.O., but my tracking updated today for the first time since the 10th. ILF, very interested in your opinions on the new SAR!

You’ll be sure and get them. We will see how great of thrower this bad boy really is with some great pictures at around 1 to 1.4 sec shutter on manual exposure. I hear these lights are built better than the Polarians from somone that has had both.

Did your tracking update give you an estimated delivery date? I’ll try and do some beamshots and post them here in a bit. The only other “large” light I have to compare my ST90 to is my Xtar S1. I’ll take shots of both and maybe include my Crelant 7G5 v2 in the mix since it seems to he a fairly popular light.

I’ll go check it.

That sounds good. I love pictures.

My tracking # is still not showing anything. He promised me he would ship the light today.

A pic vs the Crelant would be awesome! I have many ?s about that light and its various flavors.

I did get an estimated delivery date (today! whoohoo!) but some days my mail lady just doesn’t make it. Always hopeful, never sure, when it comes to USPS.

OK, now my tracking shows an estimated delivery of tomorrow but the light shows as being out for delivery today. No telling with USPS.

I have a TN31 and an FF3, but this light is a gift for a game ranch manager. It will live in the Gator and needs over-built-ness.

Mine still don’t show nothing yet.

Yeah I just checked mine and no update either :frowning:

Over-built-ness…. Definitely what I love about this flashlight. That and the eye-searing brightness :bigsmile:

I’m in the same impatient boat guys.

I ordered 2 weeks ago, Wayne was only able to ship it on the 8th, and and the last tracking record was on the 10th saying it had left from ISC San Francisco … nothing since. :~ |(

I’m in Australia, and Australia Post says their systems don’t even show that my ST90 has left the US yet - and the shipping method is EMS!

Grrrr … I ordered 2 weeks ago in the aim of having the beast (the most expensive I’ve spent on any flashlight!) for my two week camping trip away starting tomorrow. Doesn’t look like this is going to happen …… if I knew it wouldn’t arrive in time, I wouldn’t have bought it.

With a bit of luck, it won’t have “gone missing” somewhere or be “returned to sender” by the post office if it arrives whilst I’m away.

I just saw the darn postal truck, I want to tackle the lady and ask what this means.

I am stuck at home today….very antsy….honestly seems USPS has had a glitch past week.

Aww man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that you wont get it in time :frowning: I had a similar experience with a light I ordered from Canada. It actually didn’t take as long as I thought it would but it did seem to disappear on the tracking system in between customs and my front door.

It’s a real shame that USPS-to-EMS is so random compared to other countries. A shipper in China has a much better idea of where his package to me is, than I have if I ship to him (not to mention that I pay 3x what he does). Folks outside the US don’t understand how expensive the USPS makes it to ship EMS, and then they don’t track worth a darn.

The rest of my package trace FYI, probably worth what you paid….got BIR on the 10th and then no updates until this morning.