What are you drinking??

Jerry, I'm 63 years old and never had a problem with alcohol, even though I like to occasionally drink. It's all about self control. I never drink and drive. When I have friends ever and we end up drinking, I make them stay over and get sober before they leave. I have 2 spare bedrooms for those occasions.

Wel, it dependsā€¦
I use to drink vodka in summer( original russian, not polish or other s@#t) and whiskey or rakija winter time

My favourite brands are Russian standart ( the vodka) and Stolishnaya

Whiskey - Mars Maltage 3 plus 25 - great but hella spendy, so i usualy stick with Dumple

Rakija- we have a local brand here made from quince - it cant be described, have to be tested personaly- my father also makes it

Real sugar? No HFCS?

There ainā€™t no such thang other than by selecting a barrel. Perhaps you mean George Dickel #8 bourbon.

Mackmyra Swedish Single Malt Whisky

Donā€™t laugh at a whisky from Sweden, itā€™s a lot better than you think.

My girlfriend.

Some Armagnac. Bought a bottle recently to try it out. It was worth trying but that taste isnā€™t too my liking. Iā€™m more of a red wine person

Gerolsteiner! Good German Mineral water.

I donā€™t drink alcohol! 18 Years and counting! I had my share. There is NOTHING wrong w/ alcohol. It is just not meant for everyone!

My response below was due to this comment! Itā€™s all about self control.

This has been proven by the medical community, it has NOTHING to do with self control/will power. Also, a person who is addicted to alcohol, drugs, ect have a different body chemistry. When One is put into the body, it craves for more. The social drinker does not experience or possess those phenomonen.

Now that is a responsible young man! Wish I could have done that in my 20ā€™s and 30ā€™s!!! :bigsmile:

s. Your Third anniversary[June 4th] on here is a GREAT day,also my Birthday!

Drinking a Mexican Coke right now. Mmmmmm!

Sunday august 10th 2014 at midnight I had my last glas of Cote de Rhone (whine).
Two glasses at dinner (a bit of a French streak) for over 30 years.
The next morning I was scheduled to appear sober at the hospital for a fix of my plumbing system.
And I was advised to keep of the juice for some weeks to prevent after bleedings.
Since then Iā€™ve had only a sip of champagne on newyears eve, and thatā€™s all.

My new brew-of-choice is Rivella, made of whey, a byproduct of making cheese.
And it tastes like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwkeferQWQ
(yes: a typical Dutch girl :wink:

An addiction is practically a predestination. Some people are more prone to it than others. They only need a substance to be addicted to.
Look at the late singer Amy Whinehouse. Take away the coke and they get a drinking problem or a smoking habit. And it never goes away.
You are an alcoholic for the rest of your life, even after you are dry for over 20 years. One glass and youā€™re back.

True,sounds like you have first hand experience with the subject and/or knowledge[a counselor ?] about it! There is NO cure for the afflicted,only a daily reprieve contingent on ones ā€œspiritual conditionā€!

One addiction can lead to anotherā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.I am presently a FLASHAHOLIC!

The best tea on planet earth: 1 1-liter glass of black tea, hibiscus tea, jasmine tea, dandelion tea, kombucha green tea, with Stevia for sweetener and crushed ice!

[quote=Henk4U2]
Henk4U2 wrote:
Sunday august 10th 2014 at midnight I had my last glas of Cote de Rhone (whine).
Two glasses at dinner (a bit of a French streak) for over 30 years.
The next morning I was scheduled to appear sober at the hospital for a fix of my plumbing system.
And I was advised to keep of the juice for some weeks to prevent after bleedings.
Since then Iā€™ve had only a sip of champagne on newyears eve, and thatā€™s all.

My new brew-of-choice is Rivella, made of whey, a byproduct of making cheese.
And it tastes like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwkeferQWQ
(yes: a typical Dutch girl :wink:

If Doutzen Kroes is a ā€œtypical Dutch girlā€ then Denise Richards is a typical girl from the US of A.

And they look like they could be sisters.

Had 2 Natural Ice cans while I watched some car racing. Will have some Old Crow later tonight as Wifey and I check out a Blu-ray filmā€¦

Had few Guinness while I watched Novak and Andy at RG semmis :beer:
I just woke up so itā€™s regular coffee fix for me :bigsmile:

a lot

Just back form the good food and wine show held here this weekendā€¦ this morning I tried red and white wines, port, vodka, gin, lemonchelli, beerā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ :slight_smile:

I could have tried lots more too if I stuck around.

Grape soda (natural from grape juice no suger added,its yummy)
Apple kombucha (poor mans champagne when the timing it right) dry and bubbly
Milk Kefir
Kvass - ŠŗŠ²Š°Ń, kvas
Ginger beer from actual GBP grains

Costcoā€™s imitation vitaminwater zero: VitaRain ZERO.