What are you drinking??

Just saying.

French press is nice, but if you donā€™t use a coarse-grind coffee (which takes extra time to soak), you have to let it settle before decanting, unless you want a mouthful of fines.

Nah, ya donā€™t. Just goggle ā€œkeurig hackā€ and be done with it. You can use the lid from a legit pod on top of an ā€œunauthorisedā€ pod, or just tape one to the inside of your machine and not worry ever again.

I have hacked it, before I googled it lol. Had some that I bought to try and didnt really care for, and ran out of my usual after upgrading from my original Keurig. Ended up doing just as you said, though alignment on the other pod was kind of a pain, 2 or 3 times sometimes.
I still dont think a coffee machine should have a freaking sensor telling me what kind of coffee I can brew, especially for the amount of money I spent on it. Dont remember the exact model, but it was the high end when the 2.0 was first released. I think it was like $180ish? Would not do that again

I was really impressed with my $5.99 moka pot find at TJ Maxx though. But the whole 3 cups only filling half my coffee cup was not really that impressive lol. But, I knew that would be the case when I bought it as I read up on them quite a bit in the past. It had a little silt in it, but I dont mind a little silt. I could have avoided it by not pouring out every last drop lol

They had a few different french presses there too. May go back tomorrow and get one just to try. For the price its worth a try I think

Eep! I love coffee, but not ~200bux worthā€¦

Bad enough the price of the legit k-cups is obscene, but my main gripe is that you canā€™t adjust the strength of what comes out. At least the reusable pods let you stuff them full and get a mite powerful cup oā€™ coffee.

But having drm to lock you into only their brand? Nah, Iā€™d hate them as much as Microsoftā€¦

Yeah, just like ā€œgunpowderā€ green tea, homemade beer, etc. Sometimes you just gotta leave that last bit alone. :smiley:

I got mine at Macyā˜…s a few years back (Lā€™Aroma brand, or something like that), reg price 50bux, on blowout sale for 20bux. Works great, no complaints. :smiley:

When our coffee machine at work went on the fritz, we still had the round ā€œravioliā€ pods stuffed with coffee, but nothing to actually make the coffee itself. Yeah, I tried ā€œteabaggingā€ it, but itā€™s not the same. So I just took my FP, which I used before they got the machineā€™nā€™pods, ripped open a few pods, and made my own the old fashioned way.

I was quite the popular guy while the machine was broken. :smiley:

:smiley:

Vodka on the rocks with a childhood friend of mine in from California. His name is Glenn too!

Hey Glenn & Glennā€¦. CHEERS !! :beer: :beer:

I have 2 cans of Modelo Especial left in fridgeā€¦12 Oā€™clock is minutes awayā€¦LOL :beer:

Cheers Glenns!
You should get a bottle of Glenmorangie or Glenfiddich for these occasions :wink:

Glenn just left to see other friends he hasnā€™t seen in a while. Hopefully, Iā€™ll see him again before he leaves for home. Anyway, thanks for the cheers! Next time I go to the liquor store, Iā€™ll check out these bottles if they have them.

Glenn

I just had two fingers of glenrothes single malt scotch whiskey. And the miller they now have rochefort 10 at the albert heijnā€¦ they even have delirium tremens(een van de lekkerste;)

Double espresso dumped into a glass of ice and cold milk.

They are pretty common so should not be a problem to find.

Yes in The Netherlands the 10 and 8 are more common then the 6
Try the Delirium Nocturnum if you find it, very nice. in both Tremens as the Nocturnum a little paradijszaad Grains of paradise - Wikipedia is used

Good inexpensive coffee. I go through one brick a week which totals $7.96 a month. Works well with a french press.

A decent iipa without excessive pine and a decent good complexity. A little muted in tropical fruit flavor notes but a good alternative to brews such as Dogfishhead 90 minute ipa and Great Lakes Chillwave or Lake Erie Monster.

I still vividly remember a weekend trip to Coevorden (Netherlands) when I was with the mobile calibration team out of Giessen in the mid 80s. KDR (another service member from Giessen) and I went bar hopping and literally drank 30 different brews. Itā€™s a bit sad that fewer and fewer American service members will experience service in Europe and interact with the people of nations where former bases are located. Over two years of three month streches of TDY (living in hotels and making a bit extra for doing so) while making regular stops in northern Germany and The Netherlands was an amazing opportunity.

Anyone remember the bombing of the US Army barracks? If I hadnā€™t been given a direct assignment which was unusual I would have been there when it happened.

Gave away (on behalf of my dad, who bought it at the distillery ages ago) a bottle of Cardhu single malt (wow what a complex nose!) and discovered I like Kraken rum last weekendā€¦

This week weā€™re into these:

Iā€™m dreaming about drinking this one day.
Works out to about 134 euros a shot.

The Last Drop 50 Year Old Double Matured (75cl, 51.8%)

ā‚¬3,354.68

Taliskers 46 proof. 12yr Single malt
with a cube of ice.

Very nice. (Isle of Man special)

Couple of them you cruisingā€¦

Apart from that. Cup of Black teaā€¦

Tekwizard.

I was in West Germany (English Army) in late ā€™50ā€™s Early ā€™60ā€™s.
Attatched to Artillery Regā€™ts. (Cold War)

Missiles. coupla them Nuclear tips.

US held the tips we maint the transporters and Missiles.
Corporal. Thunderbirds and Honest Johnsā€¦

The yankā€™s had all these ā€œJaz Kellarsā€ in rooftops of old buildings
Factoryā€™s mainly. we went up on Fri Night.
Drink anything you like as long as it was Coke.

Was the best Jazz youā€™d ever get. Louis. Ella. Dizzy.
You name ā€™em they brought them over.
I had near 5 yrs of heaven.

Best indoctrination to jazz a man could ever get.
Iā€™ve loved it ever since.

What a shame
50 years of age and still not smooth as butter :frowning:
with an angel share of a mere 0.364 it is clear those sellers have to be some damp not pleasant to be in spaces.
Only paying for age and the extra brain activity when tasting but objectively almost all single malts of 15+ years will have a same character and almost all 20+ years with a %/Acl of 40-45 will be smoother
Even if I had the money I would not get this :wink:
Get the Macallan sherry cask series instead, all of them, plenty of joy and richness to be discovered then at just a fraction of the price :smiley: