What are you looking for and not finding?

infinite variable xml driver

One thing that isn't available and therefore I've made one but would still like to see is a single mode AA with a good quality aspheric (no artifacts) using a XR-E R2 and driven at 1A. I'm talking about a small diameter here (23 mm).

I've been keeping my eye out for a small, budget friendly 18650, neutral, that includes a low low (with good runtime). Really like my S-Mini, just wish it had a fourth moon mode.

What I REALLY want.

A single 18650 torch that uses a neutral white XML, has a linear (no PWM) driver and has a strobe mode. The body should be HAIII with a pocket clip and good square threads.

Right now, I have all of that except for the strobe mode and square threads in my Spark. It looks like I am going to have to wait on the Zebralight SC600w to get the strobe mode.

I love the extra weight, the beautiful patina it gains over time and outside of solid diamond, it is the best possible choice for thermal transfer so you can drive the LEDs harder than in a host made of other materials.

A single 18650 light smaller than 112x20.

So thinner battery tube than 20mm? The battery has 18mm, and it needs some 0.6mm to be able to actually insert the battery.

That would be a very brittle flashlight :)

A low voltage multi mode drop in with XM-L led (0.8-4.2v) for a Solarforce L2m capable of using AA, 14500, CR123A, 16340. Asked severasl times from solarforce sale if they are going to make such drop in but answer is no. maybe at this moment.

So what I did is exchange the LED of my Solarforce low voltage dropin with an XM-L LED then removed the Spring in the driver and shorten the spring in the tail switch then include additional oring in the head to make it longer.

Now I have a versatile L2m but needs spacer/magnets to take CR123A and 16340 batteries. happy with the results specially when using 14500.

I think that I understand the desire for a "use anything" kinda light, but I also see why Solarforce isn't interested in manufacturing said light.

I have a couple of Solarforce lights and they make fine lights for 16mm to 18mm batteries. I'd think that battery rattle from 14mm batteries might be a distraction. It also seems pretty busy making one host do so much, so many different battery lengths, and makes a large light for small batteries.

I haven't seen a drop-in that will handle 0.8v - 8.2v, so you won't be able to run two 16340's at a time, while still being able to run one AA battery.

Have you seen the Romisen RC-A5-Q5 light? It has an extention that allows you to switch from a 16340 sized battery to the 16mm longer 14500. It also handles 0.8v - 4.2v to use 1.5v AA alkalines or 3.7v lithiums.

DX has it here

Perhaps you could work a deal to distribute your custom configuration as a dealer, maybe 50 to 100 units, or something like that may get Solarforce interested.

SNAP. (literally........lol)

Ive got mine down to - 92.0 x 23.5

If the 20mm diameter is all important, if you have the threads outside the battery, you can have a 20mm wide light but have a length closer to 100mm. Were talking twisty here, a clicky would add another 10mm to both these measurements. Im thinking of a quark 18650 battery tube, where its slim, but has threads outside the battery part.

What 18650 light did you start with that you have it down to 92mm long???

Mmm... Nitecore, Fenix, Zebralight, JetBeam with, lets say, 60% off? :bigsmile:

Was a custom... :( See Here

Haven't seen anything close to that, except maybe a Xeno G95, which I have only seen pictures of, but was never able to purchase at all :( Would have Loved to have a G95.

RCR, RCR, RCR, RCR, 18650, 14500, 14500

Id love to see some budget torches delving into the electronic clicky interfaces, think zebralight, UF-H2, nitecore... those kinds of switches which allow for more user friendly UIs. i.e. I'm asking for torches that have some good programming that can qualify for practical EDCs.

I just can't seem to find a 50 pound bag of 100 dollar bill....oh yeah and an 18650 small bright light would be great too

Decent 2 x AA drivers. Something you could get 1.4A to the LED from. I realize that wouldn't be alkaline friendly but that's what multiple modes are for.

I am looking for a keychain Laser, preferably budget , that has:

- red or green

- 1 Mw to 5 Mw

- uses AAA battery (or AA)

- has some sort of lock/key mechanism.

- sturdy construction

- keychain ready

I am looking everyday for a flashlight (or just the host) to make a portable thrower with 1x 18650 with XM-L.

Basically I can't find a flashlight with a SMO long/tall reflector, the only that I found is the C8 but it's reflector is not large enough.

What is the blingy 18650 flashlight? Some custom work?

A $20 flashlight that runs off AAA or AA batteries, small enough to pocket, puts out around 2000 lumens, adjustable from spot to flood, doesn't lose any output in either spot or flood, smooth beam profile with no rings or donut holes, 3 modes - low/med/high, has a battery life of at least 3 hours on high and can actually run that long without overheating.

Am I asking for too much?